M50TU from E34, what are these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M50TU from E34, what are these?

Umm I have a M50TU from a 1995 E34 5 Series. I cant figure out what these are for. These are at the same area the ECU plug is at, they all come out around the same area, through the "firewall" i suppose. I have no idea what any of them do besides the actual ECU plug, what am I missing?

Attached Files

Plugs for the main, fuel pump, and O2 sensor heater relay.
    '91 318is
    sigpic

Comment

And I plug those into what on the E30? Also there is a red wire on the left, it goes to a connector, then red wire again where the PO of motor cut, any idea what these are?

Comment

You plug relays into those 3 connectors. They don't plug into anything on the E30 side. That red wire should go to the 12 volt junction block in the E30 engine compartment. I'd have to see a picture of that other wire and generally where its at to guess what it is. Is your engine harness all hacked apart or still together?
        Eric
        85 325e M50 and auto to manual transmission conversion...

Comment

There should be Relays plugged into those connections just like 86325E said

Comment

as far as connecting the correct relays:

Look for the relay base with the red and red/white wires coming from the harness- that is the main relay, you want to fit it with a white bmw relay.

Now look for a green/violet wire running into one of the bases, you want a blue bmw relay on that.

the third relay is either brown or light green from bmw, I've seen them both.

I think I have quite a few extras if you need any, just PM me.

The red wire goes to the battery box, and if you have two brown/yellow wires as well, connect those to a ground.

The black connector that you have showing at the bottom of the picture does nothing for our swap, so dont worry about it.

Doing something M50 related? -> http://www.addissimo.com
            On Myspace? ->http://groups.myspace.com/r3vlimited
            BF2142 SN = BillyGoose

Comment

Awsome, you guys are very helpfull! I would be interested in purchasing some of those relays fof you as well. As far as the harness goes, it looks to be fine, that black shit that BMW ravels aroudn it, as usual is not tight, but everything looks clean at least =).

AIM: BMW Pettas

Comment

Working...
              X