S52 e30 muffler recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S52 e30 muffler recommendations

Hey I'm looking for some muffler recommendations. Small budget was thinking of just getting a magnaflow but the dual outlet tips seem to be quite far apart, tips may cure this problem though.

Going two 2.25" pipes from the manifolds into one 3" pipe all the way back to a single inlet 3" on the muffler and dual out.

Was thinking of shooting for this

I would like to spend around $100 or so.

any other ideas?

-Craig
    Last edited by craiggroves91; 11-22-2012, 01:15 AM.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
    1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
    1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
    1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Not sure what your goals are, but I had a dual-in dual-out magnaflow hooked up to the OBD2 midpipes on my S52...I was not happy. Obnoxiously loud and droned at around 2K RPM. I went with an Eisenmann race and never looked back :)
    sigpic
    1990 325i

Comment

Originally posted by eandrade View Post
      Not sure what your goals are, but I had a dual-in dual-out magnaflow hooked up to the OBD2 midpipes on my S52...I was not happy. Obnoxiously loud and droned at around 2K RPM. I went with an Eisenmann race and never looked back :)
      Well I know its going to be pretty damn load haha. I don't drive much So I don't mind it.

Eisenmann is out of budget right now, have to shoot for cheaper mufflers.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
      1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

I have a magnaflow on my M52 with 3" from OBDI headers back and a small (1/4" wall) resonator and its perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by 85bim View Post
          I have a magnaflow on my M52 with 3" from OBDI headers back and a small (1/4" wall) resonator and its perfect.
          Care to share what magnaflow #? any pics and sound clips?

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

I haven't taken any sound clips but the center resonator is magnaflow number 14419 and the rear muffler is # 12259. Ill try to take a sound clip soon and post it for you.

Comment

I ended up going with a Vibrant stealth power muffler and vibrant ultra quiet resonator. Thanks anyway!

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by cjdontthink View Post
                I ended up going with a Vibrant stealth power muffler and vibrant ultra quiet resonator. Thanks anyway!
                Post a sound clip if you could, I am shopping around for a muffler also. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by vandy View Post
                  Post a sound clip if you could, I am shopping around for a muffler also. Thanks!
                  Will do!!
                  Here are two different setups from Bsaint
                  both with the vibrant muffler, but he has another muffler before it and a cat in one

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

Ask BenM to post his Vibrant Spintech up. It's not too bad.
                    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Here is my setup, E30 M52 with S52 cams, OBD2 headers to 3" mandrel bent pipe, center resonator is magnaflow number 14419 and the rear muffler is # 12259

Keep in mind this is in a parking garage, under normal driving its pretty mellow and it only really gets raspy when reving high.
                      Last edited by 85bim; 11-25-2012, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 85bim View Post

Here is my setup, E30 M52 with S52 cams, OBD2 headers to 3" mandrel bent pipe, center resonator is magnaflow number 14419 and the rear muffler is # 12259

Keep in mind this is in a parking garage, under normal driving its pretty mellow and it only really gets raspy when reving high.
                        I'm assuming mine will sound similar to that

I like the way yours sounds

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

Thanks, I think its perfect, deep and not too loud but there when you want it. :-)

Comment

Borla > * ;)

Check Us out on Facebook
                            Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                            Full Product Line Tuning
                            OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

I started with a borla, if my car wasn't a daily I would have kept it. It was extremely loud but sounded awesome!

Comment

Working...
                              X