A few twincam swap questions: crankcase vent, injectors, wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few twincam swap questions: crankcase vent, injectors, wiring

I posted this question in the sticky swap thread, but I'm not sure if everyone looks there, so here goes again.

In the above diagram, is this the only crankcase vent on the twincam motor? Where do the 2 outlets lead? Does one go to the charcoal cannister?

2. I have a obd1 wiring harness that i'm trying to figure out everything on. Mine has 2 of the big clamp style connectors. I know one goes to the ecu, but where does the smaller one go?

3. I have an obd1 intake manifold and only currently have an obd2 fuel rail and injectors off my 98 s52 swap motor. I don't think the mounting holes on the fuel rail line up with those on the manifold. Which fuel rail do I need? Could I use the purple top injectors, or do i need other injectors as well.

Sorry for the noob questions, but I keep thinking of them.

1) one tube goes to the intake elbow before the throttle body, the other goes to the fitting that is between the idle control valve, and the intake manifold.

2) an automatic transmission computer, so dont worry about it

3)If the holes dont line up, go for the m50 fuel rail/regulator. You can and should use your purple top injectors.

-Addis

Doing something M50 related? -> http://www.addissimo.com
    On Myspace? ->http://groups.myspace.com/r3vlimited
    BF2142 SN = BillyGoose

Comment

thanks.
      how does the one hose connect to the intake elbow?

Comment

With #4.
        91 m3

Comment

3) You can fit the OBD-II fuel rail to the OBD-I intake manifold.

However, it requires fabricating two small adapter pieces because the holes don't line up (though they are right next to each other).

You'd also have to shave the front side of the mount closest to cylinder #1 with a Dremel or other suitable tool.

Finally, you have to bend the rearmost tab all the way back to the fuel rail to accomodate the fuel rail cover. If you run without the cover, then you can skip this step.

Or you can shell out $40 and get an OBD-I fuel rail. :)

EDIT: Additionally, the FPR is located underneath the car for the OBD-II fuel rail. You'll have to plumb this in as well if you wanted to run the OBD-II fuel rail.
          Last edited by FredK; 02-28-2007, 07:03 AM.

Originally posted by whysimon
          WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Working...
          X