No announcement yet.

86 325 trans - i flywheel - m50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used the bolts that came with the M50. Done 12,000 miles now with a used clutch and have no problems

Comment

Intresting.
      I just fitted my 86 325E tranny, flywheel and clutch assembly up to the M50 with only having to machine off the back side of the flywheel.
      The pushrod has about 1.5" to push with the release bearing touching the pressure plate.
      I see no reason why it won't work?
      Maybe others were using the I clutch kit with the E flywheel?
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

I just replaced the transmission on that car and did some investigating.

**** the 86es getrag trans is different than the 89i getrag transmission****

the mounting face of the slave is 1/4" farther back on the "es" getrag transmission. (as well as the guibo size, support bearing). so, when i used the "i" flywheel with the "i" clutch and slave.....the slave sat 1/4" farther away from the fork than with the other getrag.

cheers, jason

Comment

Well that explains it.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Working...
          X