No announcement yet.

E36 Rear Sump Oil Pan/Subframe Mod Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are on his website, look great to me.... I am going to do it, I've literally replaced the oil pan on my m42 5 times, even once with the Raceskidz and another with the HD Skidplate. Then today I found that the plate the mount sits on is broke! All of this is on my sedan... Putting S50 in an is... I just hope it is as awesome as I am making myself believe it is..
    Attached Files

Comment

Another pic from his site
      Attached Files

Comment

And yet another pic from his site
        Attached Files

Comment

I modify the factory windage tray, I can modify an aftermarket one as well. Thanks for posting the pics! There's more on Thearcasylum.com!

Comment

Originally posted by ZekeTheSneak View Post
            I want to see a picture of the oil pan in relationship to the subframe like in my sig pic
            Bingo, that is what I'd like to see. I'm just curious if I'll even need a skid plate at that point. I have a race skids cross brace that I want to install but with the OEM skid plate I won't be able to mount it. If I could rock an E36 pan with the cross brace I'd be a happy camper :D

Originally posted by e30time View Post
            These are on his website, look great to me.... I am going to do it, I've literally replaced the oil pan on my m42 5 times, even once with the Raceskidz and another with the HD Skidplate. Then today I found that the plate the mount sits on is broke! All of this is on my sedan... Putting S50 in an is... I just hope it is as awesome as I am making myself believe it is..
            Another pic from his site
            And yet another pic from his site
            All of the pics you've attached are showing the S54 pan if I'm not mistaken... at least the first two are.
            IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
              Bingo, that is what I'd like to see. I'm just curious if I'll even need a skid plate at that point. I have a race skids cross brace that I want to install but with the OEM skid plate I won't be able to mount it. If I could rock an E36 pan with the cross brace I'd be a happy camper :D

All of the pics you've attached are showing the S54 pan if I'm not mistaken... at least the first two are.
              I just copied and pasted from his site... Maybe he can clarify. Though, these should give a good idea of the placement and orientation.

Comment

Very interested

Comment

I just copied and pasted from his site... Maybe he can clarify. Though, these should give a good idea of the placement and orientation.
                  Yeh, I have been looking at his fb section too, thats why I asked specifically about the E36 pan :)

Anyway, I'm pretty interested in this setup!
                  IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

I'll dig through my pictures but It fits virtually the same. I can also do a custom skid plate that would bolt into the subframe.

Comment

What's the turn around time for this procedure? Also, do you paint the subframe or will we have to take care of that?
                      Feedback
                      Instagram - @e30_mtech2

Comment

And what are you charging if you source the pan and subframe?

Comment

Turnaround is a week to two. I can paint the subframe. Some of my customers have had me paint the ends black and clear the center after giving it a little brushing. Pictures of that are on the site.

Comment

One more question, will this modification interfere with the pick up tube?
                            Feedback
                            Instagram - @e30_mtech2

Comment

You would send that as well and I modify it

Comment

TinyT,

if you get a picture of the block/pan/subframe mounted on your stand showing ground clearance (as if you're looking under the car from the front), it would likely generate a lot more interest.

i for one am interested because i don't want to have to deal with busting pans or skidplates, and with your subframe i'm one step closer to an s54 swap later on :)

looking forward to a pic or three!

Comment

Working...
                                X