found contradicting info, anyone clear up a G240 question?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2.5-12
    replied
    Originally posted by moatilliatta
    So, Im looking to put a getreg 240 (m42 e30) trans into my Ti which has the zf 250. Looks it will work minus the pilot bearing size and output flange to guibo bolt size. Transmisison lengths the same? Im using m20 single mass flywheels / starter so should have no issue there.
    I think that is correct. the only thing that appears different is the location of the shifter arm connection on the top of the trans and you will need the G240's slave cylinder. M10 bolts as well on the guibo.

    Leave a comment:


  • moatilliatta
    replied
    So, Im looking to put a getreg 240 (m42 e30) trans into my Ti which has the zf 250. Looks it will work minus the pilot bearing size and output flange to guibo bolt size. Transmisison lengths the same? Im using m20 single mass flywheels / starter so should have no issue there.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30stan
    replied
    stock s52 dmfw/clutch/pp does not fit in the getrag240 housing, looks like ill be running the zf after all!

    Leave a comment:


  • 2.5-12
    replied



    g250 and zf310/320 are the only two trannies with the big input shaft.

    g240 and 260 have the small one.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2.5-12
    replied
    that is helpful, actually.

    I assume you still ran an E30 CSB, but not reversed?

    from what I gather the 240 and 260 have a 12mm i.d. pilot bearing
    the 250 and ZF have a 15mm i.d. pilot bearing.

    Leave a comment:


  • moteren_werke
    replied
    I did not read the whole thread but...

    I used:

    M50 NV
    Getrag 240 ( with 240 trans brace )
    Shift support arm from a E30 320i M20
    Shift rod from a E30 320i M20
    E36 325 manual D shaft ( 3 holes front, 4 back ) I did not reverse my CSB/ Ran my M42 guibo

    all e30/z3/4 shifters work fine

    Clutch, all m20 stuff, single mass flywheel, early eta starter, PILOT BEARING m20 and M20 TO bearing

    Leave a comment:


  • 2.5-12
    replied
    g240 has a 13mm spline tip, getrag 250 has a 15mm. pilot bearing change still required.

    is the g260 even larger?

    guess I'm going with a 250 after all, such a headache.

    Leave a comment:


  • spyde25
    replied
    Originally posted by nokincy
    Got a link?

    Was thinking about using these. http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-sl...arings/=lw9p2z
    6679k14

    McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.

    Leave a comment:


  • nokincy
    replied
    Originally posted by spyde25
    I just used 10mm id 12mm od sleeves and it fits perfectly. Ordered from mcmaster carr
    Got a link?

    Was thinking about using these. http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-sl...arings/=lw9p2z

    Leave a comment:


  • spyde25
    replied
    I just used 10mm id 12mm od sleeves and it fits perfectly. Ordered from mcmaster carr

    Leave a comment:


  • 2.5-12
    replied
    cool, thanks!

    Leave a comment:


  • E30stan
    replied
    Originally posted by 2.5-12
    if you drill the output flange out to M12 diameter, you can just run an E36 325i guibo though from what I gather.
    thats what i did, guibo fits fine

    Leave a comment:


  • 2.5-12
    replied
    if you drill the output flange out to M12 diameter, you can just run an E36 325i guibo though from what I gather.

    Leave a comment:


  • nokincy
    replied
    ^You'd have to use a different guibo. I'd suggest sleeve the m10 bolts which is likely what I'll do. I'm sure there are some out there that have just bolted it up since it's widely known that the e36 driveshaft bolts right up and is the one to use with the g240.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2.5-12
    replied
    so is it better to sleeve the M10 bolts, or is it better to drill the G240 output flange for M12?

    Leave a comment:

Working...