24V's are AWESOME! (my little mini-build thread)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Roysneon
    replied
    Such a clean, well done car. Great job.

    Leave a comment:


  • Boise
    replied
    Originally posted by knuklehead92
    did you use the odb2 metal coolant pipes or odb1 spider hoses?
    what did you do for coolant sensor? did you just split the four prong sensor?
    I used the metal OBD2 pipe and blocked the TB heater part of it. Used the brown top e30 coolant sensor and split the wire off of the 4-prong sensor and routed it to the e30 sensor which I tapped and threaded into the TB heater hole on the head.

    Leave a comment:


  • knuklehead92
    replied
    did you use the odb2 metal coolant pipes or odb1 spider hoses?
    what did you do for coolant sensor? did you just split the four prong sensor?

    Leave a comment:


  • Boise
    replied
    Originally posted by DesertBMW
    Boise who did your MS41 ecu for that smooth running engine?
    I wonder ;)

    I was at a little meet Sunday with the car, here's a few pics.







    Had some company! An s50 swaped 1991 on an e30 m3 5-lug swap



    Because racecar?

    Last edited by Boise; 03-24-2013, 07:42 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • DesertBMW
    replied
    Boise who did your MS41 ecu for that smooth running engine?

    Leave a comment:


  • Boise
    replied
    Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber
    I really thought I'd have mine running first. Congrats on getting her done... I look forward to seeing it in person one day!
    I won! Haha. I'm single with no kids, so I have oodles of free time.

    Originally posted by cormier
    Nice work dude, looks to be super clean!
    Thanks for the compliment!

    Leave a comment:


  • cormier
    replied
    Nice work dude, looks to be super clean!

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    I really thought I'd have mine running first. Congrats on getting her done... I look forward to seeing it in person one day!

    Leave a comment:


  • Boise
    replied
    Originally posted by caesar101
    Just changed my pump m52 with one from Autozone, first on lasted 2 weeks. Second one is now 1 week old, but it only takes about 40 min to change and Autozone asks no questions about giving you another one as many times as you need them. Lifetime warranty for a $100.
    2 weeks? Not exactly a vote of confidence for Autozone.

    Originally posted by jink0619
    awesome work! very clean looking swap, job well done.
    Thank you sir.

    Leave a comment:


  • jink0619
    replied
    awesome work! very clean looking swap, job well done.

    Leave a comment:


  • caesar101
    replied
    Just changed my pump m52 with one from Autozone, first on lasted 2 weeks. Second one is now 1 week old, but it only takes about 40 min to change and Autozone asks no questions about giving you another one as many times as you need them. Lifetime warranty for a $100.

    Leave a comment:


  • Boise
    replied
    No project is without at least one hickup. My power steering pump is totally f-ed. It was making terrible noise when I turned and I hoped it just needed to work some air out of the system, but after 75 miles it hasn't gotten any better. Turning takes some muscle, so I don't think its pumping anything. It came with the motor, so who knows what condition it was in. Has anyone tried the rebuilt ones from AutoZone? (http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...vice=263652132) I'm ususally skeptical of their rebuilt stuff, but its a lot cheaper than ~$400 for a new pump.

    Leave a comment:


  • getouth
    replied
    ^^ liked!

    Leave a comment:


  • GunMetalGrey
    replied
    Good to hear, and pics are always appreciated!
    Really clean looking setup you have going sir!

    Leave a comment:


  • Boise
    replied
    Originally posted by GunMetalGrey
    It Really doesn't look that bad. It's wi, kind of have to expect it.
    Dons is an up and down kind of place, that's actually about 20 miles from me.

    Sent from the future. Or my phone, who knows.
    Forget about the engine, you tranny brace is solid! Love it, I just wish I took a few pictures when I was doing the install.

    Leave a comment:

Working...