Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanting to do engine swap, info plz!!!

Hi folks,
    Im new to this board but did a whole lot of reading on here and lots of good info... thanks!
    I am now considering to do a swap since my car, 88 325IS 5 speed
    has been good to me so far.
    I would like to know which model bmw, comes with which engine e34 & e36 and the years they come Vanos & Non-Vanos, this will help me in looking for one.
    ***I know some of the longtimers on here get annoyed with newbees post, but I try to read /research first before creating new posts...

Thanks!!
    Last edited by 88 325is tntdonyute; 01-19-2006, 05:57 PM.

88' 325is..." The PUT PUT..."
    95' 318IS...Sold

Well you obviously didn't "read /research first before creating new posts"... look at the first thread in this subforum. Read that whole thing first, then ask specific questions if anything is still unclear. What you're asking has been answered dozens of times, and it takes no more than 2 minutes of using the search feature to find what you need.

Comment

dont be such a dick you fuckin homo
      1988 e30 alpine white vert 5speed
      1987 e30 325 eta
      1983 e28 533
      2001 x5 4.4l
      1997 e36 M3 Alpine white 5speed
      1991 Jeep XJ I6 4.0

Comment

Originally posted by mitch500
        Motion to ban.
        Tenured Automotive Service Professional - Avid BMW Enthusiast

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
        https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Haha. You kids are entertaining. I love internet insults!

Oh yeah, and I second that motion.

Comment

Wow, such an angry noobie.

Anyways,
            325i/is '92-'93 came with an M50 motor (non VANOS)
            325i/is '94-'95 came with M50tu motor (VANOS)
            328i/is '96+ came with m52 (OBDII)
            '95 M3 came with S50 (OBDI)
            '96+ M3 came with s52 (OBDII)

Next time, do a search though. Most info has been covered already.

-Erik

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan
              Motion to ban.

I almost agreed- then i saw who started the motion to ban...

:-D

Doing something M50 related? -> http://www.addissimo.com
              On Myspace? ->http://groups.myspace.com/r3vlimited
              BF2142 SN = BillyGoose

Comment

haha, all you guys have to do is say search and not waste time insulting. you could see that one coming from a mile away though.
                Originally posted by Hawt drift chick
                Yeah, i'm a good dude i swear, i just like to be balls to the wall.

Comment

Except that it was one dumbass noob, trying to defend another cumbass noob in a nearly two week old thread. That's some serious weak sauce.

Comment

your a little quick to the guns there. it was a good reply he should have looked at the comprehensive before posting his question, that is why its stikyed
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

No guys, the quote should be like this:
                      dont be such a dick
                      you fuckin homo
                      Thanks, you hypocritical cock sucking son of a bitch. If you are going to insult someone, at least be creative.

NASA MidSouth TT Director / GTS2 #018
                      Mods: Coastal PS Fluid, 10w40 Oil
                      Future Mods: Bosch Micro-Edge Wiper Blades, Painter's Tape, Spark Plugs, Freezer for Nutty Buddys, Adam Nitti CD's

Comment

Originally posted by Skafrog
                        No guys, the quote should be like this:

Thanks, you hypocritical cock sucking son of a bitch. If you are going to insult someone, at least be creative.

Fag
                        Current Cars
                        2014 M235i
                        2009 R56 Cooper S
                        1998 M3
                        1997 M3

Comment

lol, you're all a bunch of butt slamin motha fuckaZ!!!

Seriously, about the searching on engine swap topics and going through the comprehensive thread. Noobs get seriously turned off by threads that large. After all, we live in a time where people want instant gratification. I'm new to this forum and the E30 in general and will be performing this swap hopefully late spring. One thing i am not is a noob on internet forums. I did read the whole comprehensive thread, then posted my questions, but it certainly didn't take 2 minutes to read that gargantuan thread. It takes many more minutes to read through that thread, comprehensively.

So my advice to you noobs is this: If you have any intentions whatsoever to swap a DIFFERENT ENGINE into your E30, it'd be wise to read the thread at the top!!

Comment

Originally posted by gills
                            lol, you're all a bunch of butt slamin motha fuckaZ!!!

Seriously, about the searching on engine swap topics and going through the comprehensive thread. Noobs get seriously turned off by threads that large. After all, we live in a time where people want instant gratification. I'm new to this forum and the E30 in general and will be performing this swap hopefully late spring. One thing i am not is a noob on internet forums. I did read the whole comprehensive thread, then posted my questions, but it certainly didn't take 2 minutes to read that gargantuan thread. It takes many more minutes to read through that thread, comprehensively.

So my advice to you noobs is this: If you have any intentions whatsoever to swap a DIFFERENT ENGINE into your E30, it'd be wise to read the thread at the top!!

word to your mother.

Doing something M50 related? -> http://www.addissimo.com
                            On Myspace? ->http://groups.myspace.com/r3vlimited
                            BF2142 SN = BillyGoose

Comment

Working...
                            X