Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was looking at it this weekend as I was removing my damage body panels. You should just be able to break the welds that hold the tabs for the unit and move the whole system, mounts and all, over the battery tray.

I wonder if we could rough out the shape using some straight tube and have Classic Tube -http://www.classictube.com/ make up the lines. It should be pretty simple to run the lines from the battery tray along the bulkhead (above the wiring harness) to the drivers side frame rail.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason89i View Post
      i did see a racecar with the abs pump in the battery tray. i will look for pics. the only difficulty is finding a flaired end tool that does the bmw "bubble" end fittings. jason
      You can buy the hoses preassembled from BMW in whatever length you need and just bend them into shape.

Comment

for some reason i cant get my M3 wire harness covers on.....in the middle.....i think my harness is to short......

M52 |S52 Cams|E36 Rack Swap|GC Coilover Kit |. . . . . . . . . More To Come

Comment

This should be a sticky like the m20 is. My shot is coming soon. Surprised nobody has the Samco intake boot? I guess some of us PNW guys will show ours off :)
          sigpic

Comment

So on two separate occasions in this lengthy thread people have asked about headers. I dont remember reading an answer. What header fits in the e30 when installing a later twincam motor?

kr

Comment

There are several headers people have fit in. The most common is the ebay, supersprint replica rip offs.
              sigpic

Comment

C'mon guys lets keep it 24v ;)

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by So Live View Post
                  C'mon guys lets keep it 24v ;)

Sorry i mean i am doing a swap thats why im not as pissed that my engine caught on fire haha. Cuz im about 90 % done with getting all the parts i need for it.

Comment

This used to be my car, it now belongs to Mr. Carufel...

Originally posted by Simon S
                    When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDuper View Post
                      This used to be my car, it now belongs to Mr. Carufel...

I wish my engine bay was that white....casmoline FTL

Comment

Updated pic.

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain."
                        R.I.P. Harry Goz aka. Captain Murphy
                        "My ride, My ride, she don't beg, steal, cheat, or lie,
                        My ride, My ride, and our relationship is classified."

Comment

Originally posted by B3M2W5 View Post
                          Sorry i mean i am doing a swap thats why im not as pissed that my engine caught on fire haha. Cuz im about 90 % done with getting all the parts i need for it.
                          No worries man. I was just busting your stones a little bit. That sucks pretty royally.

Another thing, What are you guys using to paint the valve covers? I have a spare one to screw around with.
                          -Chris

Comment

Originally posted by cahomey View Post
                            Updated pic.

ok, all those superclean engine bays are just gross :giggle:

Comment

Getting all that damn cosmoline off is HELL!!
                              Last edited by PiercedE30; 06-10-2007, 06:04 PM.
                              My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
                              There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Originally posted by So Live View Post
                                No worries man. I was just busting your stones a little bit. That sucks pretty royally.

Another thing, What are you guys using to paint the valve covers? I have a spare one to screw around with.
                                My solution
                                Ha ha ha this is great but hard work

Comment

Working...
                                X