X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's mine much closer to completion:

Comment

Looking good drew! I like your intake setup, care to elaborate on that?

s52 0-150mph & more http://www.youtube.com/loonibab325i

Comment

here is mine. not the cleanest though

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by loonibab325i View Post
          Looking good drew! I like your intake setup, care to elaborate on that?
          Cheers!

The intake is a BMA CDA filter, with a custom made spun aluminium bell mouth to allow it to go straight into the intake boot...I'm running Megasquirt 2 with a MAP sensor, so no need for a MAF sensor. It'll be good to get the car on a dyno soon.

Comment

Sorry for going OT, but megasquirt on a s52? how hard was install, what were the main issues with getting it working?? I always thought megasquirt was near impossible to run on a s52 for some reason.. something to do with vanos?

s52 0-150mph & more http://www.youtube.com/loonibab325i

Comment

i dont think you can run vanos with megasquirt.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Sorry for going OT, but megasquirt on a s52? how hard was install, what were the main issues with getting it working?? I always thought megasquirt was near impossible to run on a s52 for some reason.. something to do with vanos?
                Install wasn't too bad...it mostly uses the OEM harness. Vanos is fine, but it needs to be dyno confirmed that the switching points are correct. It still needs work, but I rarely get time to work on it these days (plus the dash is out of the car at the moment for an A/C rebuild)...but in spite of that it's working well...just not well enough to be screaming it's successes from the hilltops.

Comment

Originally posted by C ///M View Post
                  Updated picture here. Still dirty and really bad lighting. I'm going to steam clean the bay when it gets permanently warmer.

I kow old post and stupid ( i ve done 2 motorswaps before in e46 and honda) but how does the car not over heat with no fan?

i never understood that.

Super E30 newb

Comment

go read up on bimmerforums. they explain it all doesnt sound to hard.
                    84 318I Delphin RIP
                    87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
                    89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Originally posted by sheefo2k View Post
                      I kow old post and stupid ( i ve done 2 motorswaps before in e46 and honda) but how does the car not over heat with no fan?

i never understood that.
                      it will overheat if you sit still for a long time, but when the car is moving there's adequate airflow going through the fins to keep the temp stable

Comment

Originally posted by tonytony View Post
                        it will overheat if you sit still for a long time, but when the car is moving there's adequate airflow going through the fins to keep the temp stable
                        That and there could be a pusher fan on the other side of the radiator that we cant see. Thats how mine is.

Comment

Originally posted by e30s52 View Post
                          here is mine. not the cleanest though

so is that the correct positioning of the maf, where the harness plugs in and all?
                          IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

yes it is.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

My race car

Comment

Fuck me, i need to do a custom Rad Brace. I have way too much shit going on and everything could be so much simpler. Maybe this winter i'll cut my car apart.

Originally posted by e30s52 View Post
                                i dont think you can run vanos with megasquirt.
                                100% Myth

But that said, MS sucks. At least splurge for VEMS then talk to multiplex on bf.c cause hes running VEMS on his ~600whp s52. Why run a multi-thousand dollar powerplant with a $300 solder-your-self computer?

Engine bay Update:

Last edited by So Live; 11-24-2008, 05:18 PM.
                                -Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X