X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

During the build, nearly finnished.

Comment

All wrapped up, brackets were deleted, seam sealer cleaned up then shot with the original Sterling Silver with a flat clear over it.

Last edited by bacain32; 06-13-2012, 01:30 PM.

'97 M3 LS3 V8, '90 S54 325i, '90 325i touring, '99 540i touring, '94 325is

Comment

Now this is the finished product. Credit goes to white325is. He did werke!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	538373_10151825878530711_950403926_n.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	7143855

Name:	556557_10151825878125711_1769693780_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	7143856

Name:	527171_10151825876860711_224761595_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	7143857

Comment

DU WERKIE!!!! Hit me up for swaps. :)

Comment

Only thing holding that bay back is the battery. But, probably not much can be done there, so I give it :up: :up:

Comment

Would you mind providing the info on the part numbers for the air filter, elbow, and silicone reducer? Any bracing required? That combination looks like it was made for the car.

I also like the way you cut the harness cover to mimic the intake. Nice touch.

'91 318is - OBD-II S52 swapped - E30 M3 5-lug - 5x120 BBS RC090 (E39 Style 5) - TCK D/A coilovers 550/700 [SOLD]
              '87 535i - Vacuum brake conversion [SOLD]
              '93 525iT - 5-speed swap - 320k and counting
              '09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

Completed bay as of today. My daily driver project. Getting about 26 combined mpg.

Untitled by bp_carter, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
                  Only thing holding that bay back is the battery. But, probably not much can be done there, so I give it :up: :up:
                  I was going to relocate the battery to the rear. But decided it was okay where it is at. Maybe down the road Ernie might want to move it. My buddy trimmed up the M3 harness cover to fit around the battery so it looks pretty legit. Im pleased with it.

Originally posted by Gooch View Post
                  Would you mind providing the info on the part numbers for the air filter, elbow, and silicone reducer? Any bracing required? That combination looks like it was made for the car.

I also like the way you cut the harness cover to mimic the intake. Nice touch.
                  The silicone coupler is and filter are from Advance auto. Its just a 3 inch to 3 inch black coupler and the filter is one that they stock on the shelf. The elbow is a piece of 3 inch exhaust U bend that I cut to fit. On the bottom is a 1x3/16 inch steel bar cut to length and its bolted to the engine ground post on the frame. Works out really well. Im thinking about making a heat shield around the filter. But dont want to clutter up the bay with it. :/

Comment

Originally posted by hotrodlincoln View Post
                    Now this is the finished product. Credit goes to white325is. He did werke!!

that is a very clean engine bay. great details all around.

Comment

Engine bay is beautiful great job white325is and thanks for your swap brace.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatts View Post
                        Completed bay as of today. My daily driver project. Getting about 26 combined mpg.

that looks great man. Is that gas cap for the oil fill cover?

and you only have one A/C line hooked up?
                        Last edited by brianao34; 06-20-2012, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Just wanted to ask.......

I dont remember what the m20 coolant res. looks like...but in posts # 708,712 and 716 what coolaNT res is being used?..

tia

jrk
                          I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by JRKOUPE View Post
                            Just wanted to ask.......

I dont remember what the m20 coolant res. looks like...but in posts # 708,712 and 716 what coolaNT res is being used?..

tia

jrk
                            The M20 res, that ones just blindingly brand new
                            Originally posted by blunttech
                            Always Always go for the reach around if there is an option

Comment

Originally posted by giantkeeper View Post
                              The M20 res, that ones just blindingly brand new

thanks...

is there a KALT(cold) line on it?....I never noticed when I looked.
                              I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Yessir
                                Originally posted by blunttech
                                Always Always go for the reach around if there is an option

Comment

Working...
                                X