This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom944
    Just a mocal cooler installed where normally the passengerside headlight would be. Not going to modify the engine, instead we use this oilfilterhousing cap :

cool setup Tom.....

so which oil cooler lines and oil cooler housing will you be using ?
    does that mocal kit include the lines?

another question about oile pressure control and buildup, isn't there suppose to be a oil temp switch or something?

i read sometime back, it will take sometime for the engine to warmup if there wasn't a oil temp/pressure control valve

Comment

88' m3 obdI s52

engine 99' M3 84k miles
      getrag 260 w/ custom flywheel, M5 clutch and pressure plate
      95 m3 harness, ecu Intake setup

Mods;
      Active Autowerke software
      21.5 injectors
      540 HFM
      BMP adjustable fuel pressure regulator
      custom 3.5" CAI w/heatshield
      full length headers
      no cats, AA catback
      UUC power pulleys and short shift kit
      clutch fan delete
      H&R RSS Club Sport Coilovers
      Ground Control camber plates
      Eyeball control arm bushings
      IE 25mm front & 22mm rear swaybars
      Adjustable rear trailing arms w/urethane bushings
      Urethane subframe mounts
      E36 m3 front brakes w/cross drilled rotors
      M5 guibo
      410LSD

Upcomming mods;
      Shrick cams
      Samco intake boot
      Big bore throttle body
      m coupe trailing arms
      95' M3 steering rack
      possibly a 391LSD
      Attached Files
      "So you're saying there's a chance"

Comment

Originally posted by tjhartge
        cool setup Tom.....

so which oil cooler lines and oil cooler housing will you be using ?
        does that mocal kit include the lines?

another question about oile pressure control and buildup, isn't there suppose to be a oil temp switch or something?

i read sometime back, it will take sometime for the engine to warmup if there wasn't a oil temp/pressure control valve
        We are going to use a mocal indeed with home made lines. You can add a thermostate to the oilcooler circuit but we will have to test and see if it's needed.
        E30 Euro-S50B30 Tracktoy
        E30 M20B25 Drifttoy

Comment

Time to post mine... More high-res photos can be found here: http://www.cityofdust.com/s50/

Comment

^^ nice bay

noticed a lot of you guys have the air filter right near the rad and coolant hoses. I have it the same way and notice quite a bit of reduction in power when it gets warm under the hood.
            Anyone noticed that too? There is close to no space to be able to organize some kind of a cold air box/shield (damn ABS is on the way)

Also i hear having air filter sitting right on the HFM is a not so good idea, as air coming right out of the filter is very turbulent and doesn't get measured correctly by the HFM

Comment

Originally posted by static View Post
              ^^ nice bay
              Also i hear having air filter sitting right on the HFM is a not so good idea, as air coming right out of the filter is very turbulent and doesn't get measured correctly by the HFM
              Thanks for the info! I'm not done with my air intake, but it's going to just sit there for now until I figure out something better to do.

Comment

Originally posted by static View Post
                ^^ nice bay

noticed a lot of you guys have the air filter right near the rad and coolant hoses. I have it the same way and notice quite a bit of reduction in power when it gets warm under the hood.
                Anyone noticed that too? There is close to no space to be able to organize some kind of a cold air box/shield (damn ABS is on the way)
                I have a set up that I am running (currently, for the summer) that is quite helpful.

The fiberglass looks kinda crappy on the outside but is smooth on the inside. This was my first attempt working w/fiberglass but am planning on making a better looking one for next summer. I definately got a better throaty sound and a little bit extra "umph" out of this. Entire thing cost less than $30. Definately worth it.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DeM3n View Post
                  I have a set up that I am running (currently, for the summer) that is quite helpful.

The fiberglass looks kinda crappy on the outside but is smooth on the inside. This was my first attempt working w/fiberglass but am planning on making a better looking one for next summer. I definately got a better throaty sound and a little bit extra "umph" out of this. Entire thing cost less than $30. Definately worth it.
                  I like the design idea, however how does that do in the rain?
                  Cant imagine its too good for your maf or engine

Comment

Enginebay almost finished. Only the oilcooler will be added, as well as some hoodpins :

E30 Euro-S50B30 Tracktoy
                    E30 M20B25 Drifttoy

Comment

Where is your coolant resivour?

And what intake are you guys using?
                      Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
                        Where is your coolant resivour?

And what intake are you guys using?
                        The coolingreservoir is part of the radiator, on the pictures you see the cap on the right.

The intake from the maf is a silicon hose with a greenfilter behind the headlight gril.
                        E30 Euro-S50B30 Tracktoy
                        E30 M20B25 Drifttoy

Comment

wow, nice install Tom944, that looks fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom944 View Post
                            The coolingreservoir is part of the radiator, on the pictures you see the cap on the right.

The intake from the maf is a silicon hose with a greenfilter behind the headlight gril.
                            What's the radiator and overflow tank from?

Comment

Originally posted by 1990m3 View Post
                              wow, nice install Tom944, that looks fantastic!
                              Thnx man :up:

Originally posted by Rev Engineer View Post
                              What's the radiator and overflow tank from?
                              From ebay. It's an e36 325i look a like type rad and as said, the tank is part of the radiator.
                              E30 Euro-S50B30 Tracktoy
                              E30 M20B25 Drifttoy

Comment

Originally posted by Tom944 View Post
                                From ebay. It's an e36 325i look a like type rad and as said, the tank is part of the radiator.
                                I don't think so, I think that's a 318 radiator. I have a 318 radiator sitting in my shop and a 325 in my car, the 325 radiator is a lot bigger. You were sold the wrong part I think. A few people here are running that radiator because of the convenient overflow tank, but in a racing or hot weather application I don't think that smaller radiator would work quite as well.

The 325 radiator is almost identical to the e30 325 radiator and it's as wide as that radiator and coolant bottle combined. Check out the other engine bay pics in this thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X