This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1990m3 View Post
    I don't think so, I think that's a 318 radiator. I have a 318 radiator sitting in my shop and a 325 in my car, the 325 radiator is a lot bigger. You were sold the wrong part I think. A few people here are running that radiator because of the convenient overflow tank, but in a racing or hot weather application I don't think that smaller radiator would work quite as well.

The 325 radiator is almost identical to the e30 325 radiator and it's as wide as that radiator and coolant bottle combined. Check out the other engine bay pics in this thread.
    As a parts car I used an Eta with an ever bigger radiator than the e30 325i you mentioned. That radiator was in crappy condition so had to throw it away and bought this radiator for a few bucks, new, on Ebay. It's the exact same size as the radiator on a e36 325i racecar of a friend of mine. He has no cooling problems whatsoever. By the way, the front of the car will be modified for more flow of air through the radiator.

But we have to test it, we've got many unknowns and this is one of them. Testing is better then assuming in my opinion.

But thanks for the hints, I always keep them in mind.
    E30 Euro-S50B30 Tracktoy
    E30 M20B25 Drifttoy

Comment

wow, please post the part number as my radiator already needs to be replaced. i'd love one of those to fit in my car. Never seen one that would fit in the e30 frame rails...unless you modified or notched the cutout.

I stand corrected...as usual

Comment

how different is the e36 318 rad vs the e30 318 rad?
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

Originally posted by 1990m3 View Post
          wow, please post the part number as my radiator already needs to be replaced. i'd love one of those to fit in my car. Never seen one that would fit in the e30 frame rails...unless you modified or notched the cutout.

I stand corrected...as usual
          As I said, we will have to test but it's the radiator that could belong to the engine. We got it of ebay but here's the realoem link :

Originally posted by rede30 View Post
          how different is the e36 318 rad vs the e30 318 rad?
          Sorry, I don't know this about the 4cil models.
          E30 Euro-S50B30 Tracktoy
          E30 M20B25 Drifttoy

Comment

Originally posted by Tom944 View Post
            The coolingreservoir is part of the radiator, on the pictures you see the cap on the right.

The intake from the maf is a silicon hose with a greenfilter behind the headlight gril.
            what car is that resi off of? looks nice and clean.
            e30sport.net
            '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
            '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
            '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

Originally posted by BeirBrennerE30 View Post
              what car is that resi off of? looks nice and clean.
              It's part of the radiator from an E36 325i. He posted a link to the realoem part #s.

For some reason I thought it wouldn't fit. Interesting. I think that's the route I'm going to go next time around. I love your clean engine bay.
              Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

That rad and tank are from the European E36. The Murrican E36 has the tank on the opposite side, and from the diagram, the tank on US E36s are a lot larger. I guess Europe on average has a cooler climate than the US, so the tank and rad can be smaller?

Originally posted by whysimon
                WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

I have that M42 radiator in my setup.

Worked fine for the first year, now runs a lil hot in traffic. keep in mind this radiator is very old and probably just needs replacing. Im debating to go with the same radiator or upgrade. What are your thoughts?

Comment

Has the wheels and frame twist off the car yet!!????

Sick, I want one!!

Originally posted by glenn s62 View Post
                    my engine bay

an e30 i'm building for someone else at the moment

Comment

ahh yes my turn finally, i still have some loose ends to tie up though, for the most part it's finished.

Comment

How did you get the coolant hose over to the resivior?

Comment

i bought an extra long hose from the local auto supply store and just routed it in front of the radiator and fan and secured it to the valance

Comment

oooooo, i see nitrous! haha, nice.
                            My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
                            There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Originally posted by tonytony View Post
                              i bought an extra long hose from the local auto supply store and just routed it in front of the radiator and fan and secured it to the valance
                              wonder if there are any side effects on the lengthening of the hoses?
                              i'm referring to internal pressures that is being maintained by the coolant system
                              would the pressure cap need to be changed?

i'm thinking of a similair mod, but just thinking of the extra long long length of rubbers may affect the pressure and fear of it bursting
                              another tech puzzle is , if the height of the exp. tank high enough for the back pressures?

Comment

I didn't realize how you routed your hose, that is a little scary Tony.

Originally posted by tjhartge View Post
                                i'm thinking of a similair mod, but just thinking of the extra long long length of rubbers may affect the pressure and fear of it bursting
                                another tech puzzle is , if the height of the exp. tank high enough for the back pressures?
                                You could use an S14/M3 expansion tank and some hoses. I believe they are routed behind the engine.
                                Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X