Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there shouldn't be a problem since it's just the expansion take which doens't take much pressure. i've checked the system and it's working properly, it's really not that bad in person i felt the hose after the engine heated up and drove around the neighborhood a few times, all is fine. I guess i can always wrap it in some insulation. I'm trying something different, i guess it could blow up in my face or work just fine, not like took off my front brakes to drift better;)

Comment

I removed my e30 m3 tank and put in a "i" tank. There's no room to run a hose behind the engine. I'm tempted to do what Tony did, but the "i" tank works nicely once you get it mounted.

Comment

You could use an S14/M3 expansion tank and some hoses. I believe they are routed behind the engine.
        i have seen on another car, i can't recall which model, that had a metal tube that resembled the coolant hose that's mounted across the lower part of the radiator, think this would be a safer bet rather then having the coolant hose running for a very long length

i believe the expansion tank should be at a higher level compared to the engine as this will ease/help coolant flow and pressure
        anyone care to input?

tony
        please check if your expansion tank is releasing excessive coolant after engine is cooled down

Comment

coolant level is a bit higher when car is warmed up but nothing to be alarmed about, I'll take better pictures tomorrow, it just the angle it was taken at.

Comment

I have a few things to sort out, but it drives fine for now. I am looking forward to connecting the rest and cleaning up the engine bay a little (wires and such). I am going to make some brackets for a few things soon as well. I am very happy with it so far. :)

08 Toyota FJ Cruiser, Rock Sliders, Mostly Stock for now, parts on the way....
            97 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ-80, Front Bambi Basher w/ 2x100w PIAA's, mostly stock

Comment

looks greasy, but nice:up:

Comment

///Mpressive, noticed you don't run the mechanical fan. Do you just run stock aux fan? or you have bigger electrical fan in front?

Comment

Originally posted by static View Post
                  ///Mpressive, noticed you don't run the mechanical fan. Do you just run stock aux fan? or you have bigger electrical fan in front?
                  Currently not running a fan. I am on the look out for one though. I am not 100% on what I'm going with either.

97 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ-80, Front Bambi Basher w/ 2x100w PIAA's, mostly stock

Comment

Mrpessive:
                    OBD1 or OBD2 assuming that is the 3.2 litre

If obd1 how was the conversion? Run into any difficulties?

Comment

It's OBDI. The conversion isn't hard. The motor fired up first try.

Comment

wow, i like that air filter setup //mpressive! where did you get it?
                        NEED SOME VINYL STICKERS???

Comment

Originally posted by BDSax View Post
                          wow, i like that air filter setup //mpressive! where did you get it?
                          Thanks. I made it from some piping that I bought. I cut it to size and added a cone type filter. Total spent - $35.

What you can't see is an 5 inch intake airhole under the filter that pushes cool air directly into the filter.

Last edited by ///Mpressive; 11-08-2006, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ///Mpressive View Post
                            Thanks. I made it from some piping that I bought. I cut it to size and added a cone type filter. Total spent - $35.

What you can't see is an 5 inch intake airhole under the filter that pushes cool air directly into the filter. Pics soon..

I bet that intake setup makes a nice noise! I bet it's quite torquey too.

Comment

Intakes are so much easier to plumb without that pesky ABS pump. Has anybody tried to relocate it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike B. View Post
                                Intakes are so much easier to plumb without that pesky ABS pump. Has anybody tried to relocate it?
                                i did see a racecar with the abs pump in the battery tray. i will look for pics. the only difficulty is finding a flaired end tool that does the bmw "bubble" end fittings. jason

Comment

Working...
                                X