completly waffled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

completly waffled

ok so I just put my motor back in (M50 vanos obd1) after fighting with it for 4 hours alone. now onto my issue lol... I turn the key starter relay clicks but starter and starter solenoid don't do anything. so I started with the basics check all grounds. all ground areas have been cleaned with wire wheel and put back together. so I went one step further I put a ground directly from the starter ground post to the driver frame ground. starter kicks but does not spin. now to add to this the ground wire was so hot it started to melt the crimp ring cover. the trunk ground for the battery was also very hot. the positive wire was cool as a cucumber. now for wires on the starter are black/green, black yellow, and the hot that goes to the positive jump post on the fire wall. im using the m50 wiring harness to the ecu I don't know if im missing something somewhere but im ready to throw the towl in.

30 views and not a peep?

Comment

whats your batt voltage?

and if you wires getting hot enough to start melting things ,you've got a short somewhere.
      :borg:

Comment

Batt voltage is at 12v. (1000 cranking amps red top) today I'm going to pull the starter out and have it tested..... If it works when tested back to the drawing board to find the problem.... If its a short would it be a ground short or a power short. I also have been reading if I'm using my m50 harness I'm supposed to tie into the e30 fuse box and also the starter wire? Also black/green and black/yellow test positive while cranking key? If looking at the back of the starter with solenoid upright black/green is on left and black/yellow is on right positive to jump post is on top lug and starter should be grounded out through ground strap to starter casing which is bolted to block for ground so no need for a ground from lug to body ground?

Comment

first, does the engine turns with a wrench on the crank pulley?

Comment

I will double check that after work. I never checked it after I bolted the flywheel and clutch to the motor but it did turn freely prior to that.

Comment

Ok so motor turns freely when turned by hand

Comment

Working...
              X