Oil light on cold start up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil light on cold start up?

So I've been driving my nv swapped car for a couple weeks now and I've had an ongoing issue. On cold start up I get a low oil pressure light and a ticking for the first few revolutions and then it goes away. I've been running 5-40 rotella oil and haven't changed the oil yet since the fresh stuff I put in when I fired up the swap. Any ideas?
    84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
    Manual swap all the things!

I would probably take the pan off and replace the pickup and pump.
    1987 325is - S52

Comment

It happens the same to me,I'm opening it this week for some cleaning,I'll let you know if I get any improval
      “Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.”
      ― Jeremy Clarkson
      Euro 318is M50 build thread

Comment

i get the same oil light on start up and some times while driving. my lifters are very loud.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I have to reseal the oilpan anyway, I'll do the pump while I'm there. Does the pump have a check valve that may have gotten weak?
          84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
          Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Working...
          X