Cam lock tool rental

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cam lock tool rental

Does anyone have the cam locking tool available for rent? I may have an issue with the timing being off, i believe i need this tool to verify.

You can check them with a square.

Comment

Yea, i checked them at both against the top of the cyl head at TDC. The Exhaust side seems fine, but the intake side is every so slightly off. Not sure if it enough to cause the issues i am having or not though.

Comment

Jeff, have you had any luck using a square yourself?

Comment

I don't know about all 24v's, but in the case of my s52 the ends of the camshafts were not square, they were slightly trapezoidal. The timing blocks will line up the vertical part of the ends as required, but a horizontal lining-up would have made for a slightly different engine timing.

Not my picture, but my cams are not square at the end like these: (look at the one on the right)

Comment

Yea, the rough cast surface in nowhere near perpendicular to the machined surface. If i were to line the cams up using that surface(like i have seen pictures of people doing), the cams would be further off than they are now.

Comment

Working...
            X