Comprehensive obd2 wiring breakdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comprehensive obd2 wiring breakdown

Ok so we have done many obd1 swaps at the shop but decided to change it up. Have a good portion of the wiring done but there are a few things hanging me up. Anyone have a good resource for a comprehensive write up?

I hate to say this, but use the ETMs. They verify things even if youre not great with wiring diagrams.

My next source was primarily this: http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/w...0WiringMk2.png

Since i have an early model (1987), i checked most everything with the Electrical Troubleshooting Manuals (ETMs) and made sure everything looked right. I used the pinouts directly and it started without any wiring modification (other than forgetting to supply power to my main relays, which was a super easy fix, and dumb on my part). The X20 has 2 green wires though, one is for ignition and the other is for EWS. Be sure to not mix them up.

I don't have a full writeup, other than this. Anything I can offer to help?

Comment

^ETM is everyone's friend!

Your customers are going to loose respect for you if they come on here and see this thread.

mammothe30 posted an awesome 90e30is to 98e36m pin out spreadsheet awhile back. I believe most people are reluctant to post their hard work to help people make a living.

Comment

It's not even that,wiring is essential done. The power dust block part is messing with my mind even more so because it's a vert, also the power at relays that goes to e36 box, just cut that and butted together. Is everyone else just cutting out the 2 other non round plugs? Nothing is needed to pull from there

Comment

I really want to contribute in this discussion; however, I'm not really sure what you are trying to figure out. Can you organize your thoughts and separate your questions from your statements?

So to clarify:

-you are working on a 19?? e30 vert and swapping a OBDII variant of an e36 motor into it.
          -you are having trouble figuring out power distribution.
          -you want to know what people are doing with the "2 other non round plugs".

Are these correct? If so, I'll start with the third bullet for more clarification. The "non round plugs" you are referring to, are they on the engine side or the chassis side.

Comment

Ok clarification, basically sat down and just deciphered the rest of what I had questions on. Think I have it covered at this point. Thanks

Comment

You sure boss? If you need something, PM me. I'm free to help whenever.

Comment

Working...
              X