Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any DIY to do your own plug and play wiring harness adapter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any DIY to do your own plug and play wiring harness adapter?

I can get a C101 body side and the E36 connector to make my own plug and play harness but want it to know if there is a diy out there
    thanks

yes

c101 wiring DIY

Comment

It looks a lot cleaner to just cut the E36 X20 off and solder your C101 on. Its a little more scary if you're not great with wiring. Here are a few things you can do:
      1. Download the ETM's (Electrical Troubleshooting Manual) from wedophones website (google it... it shouldnt be hard to find). Do this for both cars (e36 and E30). Follow the manuals to match the E30 function on the body side harness to the E36 engine harness.
      2. Check out this wiki page. http://www.e30dohc.com/wiki/index.ph...HC_Swap_Basics

3. Google your specific setup (i.e. 1989 E30 325is M52 OBDII wiring)

If you let me know what year model car your E30 is, and the engine specs, I can help you out probably.

Comment

Originally posted by Poeman446 View Post
        It looks a lot cleaner to just cut the E36 X20 off and solder your C101 on. Its a little more scary if you're not great with wiring. Here are a few things you can do:
        1. Download the ETM's (Electrical Troubleshooting Manual) from wedophones website (google it... it shouldnt be hard to find). Do this for both cars (e36 and E30). Follow the manuals to match the E30 function on the body side harness to the E36 engine harness.
        2. Check out this wiki page. http://www.e30dohc.com/wiki/index.ph...HC_Swap_Basics

3. Google your specific setup (i.e. 1989 E30 325is M52 OBDII wiring)

If you let me know what year model car your E30 is, and the engine specs, I can help you out probably.
        I have an 87 325i (chassis VIN XH2322371) and installing a OBDI wiring believe was from an auto 1995/6 the engine is M50NV + M52 vanos + S50 cams.
        I can go get an X2 and C101 and cut it like 12 inches longer (to include the wiring) from the junk yard this weekend if need be

Comment

You want an OBD1 harness that was professionally repined? Comes with a TMS chip. I used it on my s52 swap for about a year until I went OBDII. It's plug and play with everything still labeled C101 already wired just plug it in. It will work on your car, 86&87. Mine is 86' message me if your interested. It's a 1000X times better than using an adapter, plus this one had all the extra shit you don't need taken off while it was getting repined.
          sigpic

Check out my build thread!! :p

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=288383

Comment

i ordered a new c101 connector and pins and re pinned the connector. then i bought a crimper. maybe $40 total for clean job
            my build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=309778

Comment

Originally posted by Mistawall View Post
              i ordered a new c101 connector and pins and re pinned the connector. then i bought a crimper. maybe $40 total for clean job
              Any DIY - did you documented? how about the x2 connector>

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmian89 View Post
                You want an OBD1 harness that was professionally repined? Comes with a TMS chip. I used it on my s52 swap for about a year until I went OBDII. It's plug and play with everything still labeled C101 already wired just plug it in. It will work on your car, 86&87. Mine is 86' message me if your interested. It's a 1000X times better than using an adapter, plus this one had all the extra shit you don't need taken off while it was getting repined.
                pmed

Comment

Originally posted by amcink View Post
                  Any DIY - did you documented? how about the x2 connector>
                  Didn't you take a look at the DIY link I provided in the post #2??? Are you referring to the x20 connector?

Here's more info for you:

adapter wiring

Don't trust and certainly verify.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmian89 View Post
                    ;) this

Check Us out on Facebook
                    Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                    Full Product Line Tuning
                    OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

my build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=309778

Comment

^ that's the same link i posted in post #2. may not be what OP is looking for.

Comment

Any idea if someone is selling a plug and play connector ?

Comment

We do harness conversions, nando does adapters

Check Us out on Facebook
                            Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                            Full Product Line Tuning
                            OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
                              We do harness conversions, nando does adapters
                              +1 Nando does top notch work as does Markert Motorworks

Comment

Working...
                              X