Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this part really needed for OBD-1 conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this part really needed for OBD-1 conversion?

Just saw this part at Turner.

Didn't see any mention of it anywhere on OBD-2 to 1 conversions. Anyone with conversions needed to use this or how did they address this issue?

Thanks
    1984 AW 318i - aka Runt

You can keep the OBD-II metal pipe and not switch to the OBD-I spider hose.

Comment

No, it is not needed. You can use the metal water pipe from the obdII setup. This is only needed if you want to use the ruber spider hose. I actually just threw one of these out the other day.

Comment

It's not needed, but it would be if you wanted to use the rubber spider hose. Depends on what you want to do. I used the metal pipe that was already on the m52, personally.
        For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
        Originally posted by mbonanni
        I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Appreciate it guys!
          1984 AW 318i - aka Runt

Comment

My experience is If you use the metal pipe vs the spider hose the obd1 metal harness bracket under the manifold will not fit up and the obd 2 bracket is different. so you loose the nice mounting points for the connectors and the obd 1 ICV mounting point for obd1 manifold

a diy version of that adapter is to cut off the 'oring' end of the metal pipe, keep a couple of inches of pipe stub since it is slightly smaller than id of spider hose deburr it and JB weld that sucker into the housing. Make sure there is a good even coating of JB on clean mating surfaces. I left 1 oring on to help center the pipe.
            seal hose/pipe with a little good stuff etc and hose clamp it. I know this works GL
            Last edited by 36brua; 05-07-2014, 02:37 PM.
            My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

Working...
            X