Obd1 vs OBDII maf differences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obd1 vs OBDII maf differences?

Are the maf plugs different between OBD 1 and OBDII? What 3.5 maf is required for OBDII? I was reading on turner's site about having to bride grounds or something. Anybody care to elaborate on OBDII 3.5 maf setups for me?

From what i can see. Pn 800 is the obd1 540/740 maf. It has obd1 plug. To work on obd2 you need to splice the obd1 connector onto your obd2 harness or get an adapter from turner. The 803 maf is an obd2 porsche maf. The connector is correct however the grounds have to be spliced together or something wacky like that.

Shameless plug: i have two 800 mafs for sale with pigtails fresh for the splicing haha.

Comment

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

This thread has some good info.

Comment

I accidentally bought an OBD2 540i MAF last year. Wondered why my car ran like total shit with it on. Took me a while to realize I got an OBD2 one.
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

What I have gathered is obd2 maf has a different connector, and requires two wires to be spliced. If you want an obd1 3.5" maf get the 806 maf.

Comment

Working...
          X