injecters and brains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

injecters and brains

im putting a m50 from a e34 in my e30 can i put a brain from a 95 m3 in it instead of the original brain ,,,and are the injecters diferent for m50s than S50s if they are will those need to be swapped as well..... id put a S50 in it if i had one available at the moment

thanks

S50 and M50 injectors are the same green top Bosch 17.5 lb/hr units.

What year is the DME (brain) from? If it's from 1992 you definitely cannot use it. If it is 93-95, then you can use the DME, ONLY if you swap out the chip for a stock M50 chip.

Originally posted by whysimon
    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

its a 1994 525i 5speed car

Comment

I'm not quite sure why someone would swap out an s14 for an m50. Am I the only one that finds this weird?
        This is your M20 on steroids:

Comment

Hahaha, so true MrK!

Originally posted by whysimon
          WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by m3needer
            im putting a m50 from a e34 in my e30 can i put a brain from a 95 m3 in it instead of the original brain ,,,and are the injecters diferent for m50s than S50s if they are will those need to be swapped as well..... id put a S50 in it if i had one available at the moment

thanks
            pray tell what your plans are besides a loss in performance and handling.
            A well maintained S14, even slightly modified is much more fun to drive than an M50 and probably a good bit quicker too.

Comment

im using the m50 until i find a s50
              but the m50 is also being used as a test motor to make sure the wiring is correct and the exaust manifold is modified accuratly ,etc...

Comment

Working...
              X