S52 OBD2 No spark/Fuel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S52 OBD2 No spark/Fuel

Hey guys. I did a really thorough search all over and all I could find were obd1 issues. My car is a 1988 325is with a flashed OBD2 s52, harness, and ecu from a 1998 vert.

I have the ignition, ground, and relays wired but I'm not getting it to start. It cranks and gets fuel pressure but that's it.

Does anyone have any wiring diagrams for the obd2 harness and what all is needed to get the engine running?

At the moment I'm staring at the ETM's but it's only helping so much.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

My wiring harness had a broken wire to one of the sensors, can't remember which one. Might try moving some wires while someone cranks it.
    84 325e Burgundrot S52 M Tech 1.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=250109

Comment

I'll try that now. From what I understand is the dme only needs power and a crank sensor to work.

Comment

Any modifications to the harness that need to be done?

Comment

When I first did my swap i had the same problem. I did two things, i had originally left my rear o2 wires cut and not taped up well, I went back under the intake and taped them all separately to make sure nothing was touching, then I added a charcoal canister which I had been planning on not running. Been driving since then. Good luck!
          View my build thread. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=287724

Comment

Make sure fuel pump hose didn't come loose in the tank..
            sigpic

Check out my build thread!! :p

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=288383

Comment

So when you turn the key, the main and fuel pump relays are switching on? And the fuel pump runs? You have the return plumbed to the BACK of the fuel rail, not the front? The DME is getting power, ie you have a CEL that comes on during cranking?

The wiring for the relays, the coils, and the injectors are internal to the harness so nothing needs to be modified. If the DME has power and is working correctly, EWS is not present, and the motor cranks over, it SHOULD run.

Mine would not start because the DME was not triggering the fuel pump relay, the coils or the injectors. The DME was turning on (as evidenced by my CEL) so I knew that it had to be EWS.

Comment

Thank you for your replies gentlemen.

When I turn the key it cranks but no start. No buzzing of the icv, no check light at all. There is power at the ecu side of the harness so I'm not sure why nothing is happening.

Main relays are switching on and the fuel pumps runs while cranking. The OBD2 fuel rail is full of pressure.

Super confused.

Comment

Ecu was bricked. :-(

Comment

Working...
                  X