Wiring harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring harness

Ok at some point I want to either swap in an S50, S52, or euro S50. Now I already purchased a 525i oil pan, and will pick up a pump and what not latter. But my question is about the wiring harnesses, I've rear the e34 can be used but you can't mount the ecu in the facotory location, so the E36 harness is best. My question is can you use a regulor M50 harness with an S50 ecu, or does it have to be an S50 specific harness? I know if I went with the S52 I'd have to convert to OBD-1 which is no problem. I just want to make sure I get the correct harness.
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

m50=s50
    Im now E30less.
    sigpic

Comment

pefect, what about the Euro S50? I have no idea what engine I'll end up with and will probally be buying a harness before I buy and engine.

Comment

That is an entire different animal.
        Im now E30less.
        sigpic

Comment

ya that's why I was asking. I'll probally just pick up a manual 325i harness, as I doubt I'd be able to afford a Euro S50 as much as I'd like one.

Comment

For the Euro S50, you really need a LHD Euro S50 harness. This will allow the ECU to fit in the stock position. If you use the RHD S50 harness it will be on the other side of the car (fusebox side).

Ian.

Comment

Ely--Unless you want S14 prices (except 6, instead of 4)....do the US 3.0 or 3.2. If you want ungodly revs, get a 6-throttle motor.
              IMHO, a LOT more power than needed comes from a US motor. The cars just need more brakes and stiffness than the car can handle.
              Insane power from 3500-7000. What else do you need? :mrgreen:

-Stu
              single-throttle advocate

Comment

the Euro motor, is basically a dream, I think more then likely I'll end up with a 3.0 s50.

Comment

Working...
                X