Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M50 was running great, but now won't start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I figured it out, Its to the oil level sensor on the e34 oil pan. Haha, i woke up and had an epiphany. However, i still haven't figured out the issue with the injectors and fuel pump, but have some new ideas to check out. I'll report back with results soon.

Comment

Originally posted by cweaver94 View Post
      I figured it out, Its to the oil level sensor on the e34 oil pan. Haha, i woke up and had an epiphany. However, i still haven't figured out the issue with the injectors and fuel pump, but have some new ideas to check out. I'll report back with results soon.

Did you ever test the fuel pressure?

I assume you don't have an adjustable pressure regulator?

Is the flow rate of the walboro similar to the stock pump? (Im going to guess no) I would think you need to regulate the fuel back down if you are pumping more than is required....

Comment

I bench tested the pump and its working fine. The fpr should regulate the pressure and plenty of people are running the wlbro with no issues. (from what i've gathered anyway. I haven't had a chance to check the pressure at the rail yet, i should be able to soon. I'm gonna pick up the regulator later in the week. I haven't pulled the filter either. But the filter on the pump itself looked to be in pretty clean shape. Thanks again. Anything else i should try?

Comment

I bench tested the pump and its working fine. The fpr should regulate the pressure and plenty of people are running the wlbro with no issues. (from what i've gathered anyway. I haven't had a chance to check the pressure at the rail yet, i should be able to soon. I'm gonna pick up the regulator later in the week. I haven't pulled the filter either. But the filter on the pump itself looked to be in pretty clean shape. Thanks again. Anything else i should try?

Im running out of ideas... Hopefully someone else can bring some fresh perspective

Comment

Shoot man i appreciate all of the help you've been though. My starter crapped out on me two days ago and i got a new coming in this morning so i'm gonna throw that on tonight and hopefully make some headway. Still haven't had a chance to grab a fuel pressure gauge, I'm gonna try to get one today. And ill report back what i find. Thansk again man for all your help. I saw on another forum where two people where having the same problem. Exactly the same for one guy the one guy, however i don't know if he ever found a solution.

Comment

Shoot man i appreciate all of the help you've been though. My starter crapped out on me two days ago and i got a new coming in this morning so i'm gonna throw that on tonight and hopefully make some headway. Still haven't had a chance to grab a fuel pressure gauge, I'm gonna try to get one today. And ill report back what i find. Thansk again man for all your help. I saw on another forum where two people where having the same problem. Exactly the same for one guy the one guy, however i don't know if he ever found a solution.

Link the thread, Ill read through it and see if anything pops out.

Comment

heres one but its not the onei mentioned i cant find the other i may have bookmarked on mycomputer at work.

Comment

Could it possibly be the ignition switch is bad? How could i test to see if thats the issue?

Comment

http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthr...=114342&page=3 here is the thread i was talking about originally shocwav3. Thanks again!

Comment

Okay from reading the thread above for the second time i went back and checked some things. Well i put a spark checker on the plug and ran a wire to the coil and no spark. it may not work because it was a coil to the plug but it showed no spark. I hit it with a little starting fluid (i know not the greatest idea) but it coughed a few times but not start. So figured maybe its dieseling, So from there i go to the relays and check those i have 12v constant on both ecu relay and fp relay at the solid red wire. When switched on the red and white wire have12v on both. Once switched on the ecu relay does not ground, but when i remove the fuel pump relay i have a ground to it. This seems to be the exactly the same problem that the guy in the thread i posted above. Does this problem ring any bells? How be that i have ground without a relay but no ground with a relay.

Comment

You verified the CPS is working right?

Looks like his problem ended up being fuel hose broken, I would think if he looked at fuel pressure he would have known something was going on because it was too low, who knows he may have and figured he had a bad pump. Only to pull it and find out he have a broken pick up.

Comment

I verified the cps bought another one just to be safe and the first ohmed at 557 if i remember correctly, the new one ohmed at 520ish, and another ohmed between 870-900ish. And i know the last one sounds like a cam sensor but its a cps and i have no idea why itt ohmedd so high. I tried grounding the coils to the shock tower, the computer is grounded there to be on the safe side. Why would the ecu relay ground with no fp relay installedd but not with it installed? an ideas?

Comment

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=200776&highlight=tps+start&page=6
                            This guy had a bad ignition switch. I'm gonna check mine today. i knwo he has a different engine but it seems that hes having the same problem that I am. I'll report back what i find!! Fingers crossed!!!

Comment

Could my harness possibly be bad? How would i go about testing it? And does anyone know how to test the ignition switch? I have the column apart and started testing a few places on it, but i need some guidance on that? And how likely would it be that this is the issue? Any one have any ideas on anything i'm overlooking?
                              Thanks guys!

Comment

So i checked the ignition switch its good to go, i went back and checked my pins, and lengthened one side of the harness to get the ecu back in the stock location. Still nothing. I have no idea what the problem is. Should i just go ahead and take it somewhere. Does anyone have any idea what would cause this to happen. It drove fine until i filled it up, and then it spit and sputtered. I parked it and the next day nothing at all. It just turns over. oh i swapped out the tps because i had an extra good one I figured that would help rule out another thing. What should i check next? Has anyone else had this problem?

Comment

Working...
                                X