• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temp Sensor??

I did a search and couldn't find information on what I do with #10:

Originally posted by Mike B.
    I did a search and couldn't find information on what I do with #10:
    its a thermostat to allow water to go from the head to the t-body in cold weather. most people bypass it and go straight from head port to t-body. yes, it will make your tbody always heated, but there isn't really a good place to mount it without the e36 airbox. cheers, jason

Comment

For a while, i had it plugged into the back of my K&N filter via a drill bit hole / zip tie. When it decided to break, i was told to bypass it because it is not neccessary. I want to the hardware store and got a brass hose connection (jointer), and two small clamps. I slide the jointer in place of the temp. sensor.

But seeing the picture now, i might just get a single hose.

Comment

i actually eliminated the whole throttle body heating system on my swap, its pointless IMHO. well not quite pointless, but not needed.
        Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Mike B.
          SO basicly you ran a single hose from 15 to 9, to bypass everything?

Comment

nope.... this is pics of almost everything to make it work.

plugged #15 under the manifold with this...

and capped #9 chevy style.

i think there's one more hose you have to cap chevy style that comes off the t.b. but that's essentially it.
            Dan

Comment

lmao, i have used golf tees for small hoses before.

thanks man!

Comment

Good info... Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by DanGillan
                  i actually eliminated the whole throttle body heating system on my swap, its pointless IMHO. well not quite pointless, but not needed.
                  just a word of warning. in colder climates (mass, illin and wisc for me) when the outside temp gets below freezing you may experience frost / ice buildup on the butterfly. especially in high humidity mornings. it can reak havok with the tps. thats the reason those smart germans heat the throttlebody.

cheers, jason

Comment

I just cut down #15 and ran it directly to the throttle. Getting real close to putting in the M50, just a few more pieces to take care of while the engine is out.

Comment

Working...
                    X