330 Euro e30 or E36 m3???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

330 Euro e30 or E36 m3???

So I want to purchase a BMW towards the end of the fall this year but im not sure what to do. Im kinda at an impass. I love the styling of the old e30's. They breath european attitude that Bimmers of today i belive are lacking. But at the same time it would be an expensive build. I mean, i could just buy an e36 m3 and it would allready be set up and it would be decently quick as well.

Andway i dont wanna spend more than 14-15k for the car. I dont even know if thats enough dough to play with when someone wants an E30 s50/m50 with a body kit and some other goodies....

Im thinking s50

Bodykit
    Sport seats
    Roll cage
    BBS LM wheels
    Rolled fenders
    Some sort of suspension
    euro ellipsoids
    black grill
    Suede sparco steering wheel
    performance exhaust, chip, headers, intake, and possibly Cams. (if I go m50)

Anyway is 15 way too little for a car like this?

anyway i kinda want some guidance on what i should do :(

Also im new to these forums... like brand new this is my first post... But just so you all know i think you guys Kick ass:) Im in love with e30's thanks to you all:)

Welcome to hell. :D

Besides that note. I'd say 15k is a damn good start for an E30.

What I don't get is you'd get an M3 for that much but it won't have...

Bodykit
    Roll cage
    BBS LM wheels
    Rolled fenders
    Some sort of suspension
    euro ellipsoids
    black grill
    performance exhaust, chip, headers, intake, and possibly Cams.

It'll just be a stock M3 normally - so if you got an M3, yea - you'd have an S50, but you wouldn't have all the above - so that's everything on top of the 15k M3.

My opinion? I've been driving my dad's M3 around a lot lately, and although it's fast, and handles great - I really enjoy my car's lightness and it's handling characteristics. I cannot normally swing the rear end out on the E36, but I can play with my rear end all day long in my e30, it's just a lot more fun to drive. Put the S50 in the E30, and you got the best of both worlds (minus the front weight bias)

S50's aren't cheap. A nice one will run about 4,000-5,500. You can build a pretty powerful M20 stroker for that much, and not add weight to the front of your car. (the way I'm going)

Bodykit - I don't understand that - why is this crucial? You want a fun car - if the body is clean and in great condition - you have no need for a "bodykit"

Rollcage - a full roll cage is a horrible idea in a daily - without a helmet you can hit your head on the bar and really knock yourself. If we're talkin a rear cage - that's all good and great - but, are you gonna be tracking the car? Seriously - what's the need? I prefer to have some space in my car. I'll save a cage for a track car.

BBS LM Wheels - probably not cheap - just get em when you can.

Rolled fenders - not needed unless you have some meaty tires. You can rent a tool from http://pure-motorsport.com I think, and do it yourself. it's not too expensive.

Some sort of suspension - depends on what you want - Ground Controls are around 1500 - H&R Sports with Bilstein sports can be had for $700 all together (probably cheaper)

euro ellipsoids - $250-$400 - depends on seller

black grill - rattlecan...$5?

Suede sparco steering wheel - probably looking at $200-$350 ?

performance exhaust, chip, headers, intake, and possibly Cams.
    - all this work adds up. M50's aren't bad - you can have an M50 in your car for probably 1500 - 2000 with all the parts and pieces included. Add another 1700 on top of that for cams, headers intake, chip and exhaust - you'd have yourself a pretty fun E30.

The way I see it, go the E30 route. it's more fun.

If you want a smooth car, like...seriously - fucking smooth ride - the E36 M3 is the way to go. The car is just a jaw dropper - I can't believe how much attention I get driving the thing around. It's got stiff suspension (my dad's) but the thing is a blast around town, the brakes are amazing, and it's just plain comfortable to drive in. My car is more raw - but I still love it!

Depends on what you're looking for.

Driver's car - E30

Daily car - E36

Just my 100 cents :)

Oh - to answer your question, I think 15k would be enough to do a majority of that to an E30.
    - Sean Hayes

Comment

give me 15k, and i will build it for you usign my expertise.

Comment

15 is a very good amout of money for an e30. if you figure around 4,000 for a super clean straight low milege e30 that leaves you 11,000 for mods! Good luck to you sir!

Comment

yea about 10k should put you in a clean as hell e30 with an s50 if you do all the work.

then you have 5k to do suspension, wheels, and body mods if you choose. you'll be more than happy IMHO. but then again if i had 15k, i'd buy this.

and save and mod that thing. to each his own though.

Originally posted by bimmers4life
          15 is a very good amout of money for an e30. if you figure around 4,000 for a super clean straight low milege e30 that leaves you 11,000 for mods! Good luck to you sir!
          Dan

Comment

Originally posted by quillbro
            So I want to purchase a BMW towards the end of the fall this year but im not sure what to do. Im kinda at an impass. I love the styling of the old e30's. They breath european attitude that Bimmers of today i belive are lacking. But at the same time it would be an expensive build. I mean, i could just buy an e36 m3 and it would allready be set up and it would be decently quick as well.

Andway i dont wanna spend more than 14-15k for the car. I dont even know if thats enough dough to play with when someone wants an E30 s50/m50 with a body kit and some other goodies....

Im thinking s50

Bodykit
            Sport seats
            Roll cage
            BBS LM wheels
            Rolled fenders
            Some sort of suspension
            euro ellipsoids
            black grill
            performance exhaust, chip, headers, intake, and possibly Cams. (if I go m50)

Anyway is 15 way too little for a car like this?

anyway i kinda want some guidance on what i should do :(

Also im new to these forums... like brand new this is my first post... But just so you all know i think you guys Kick ass:) Im in love with e30's thanks to you all:)

E36.
            1988 M3
            2005 330ci

Comment

Thanks all. Well i just purchased a Honda CBR 600 RR the other day so hopefully that will satisfy most of my lust for speed.

Im thinking of going away from an S50 swap and leaning towards an M50 swap instead. That being said i'll prolly make my decision based on the used cars that i see for sale around the time when i need to buy one. anyway these forums have proved to be infinitely useful for information on all this stuff. Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
              X