Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

535i Mounts vs E28 M5 Mounts?

Hi Guys.

Just considering which mounts to use, I could buy both and trial and error but rather do it the better way the first time.

I know both work, just wondering which ones generally sit the engine in a better position?

With M5 mounts do i use only left or right side (quantity 2), or one left and one right (the same as in M5?).

Cheers

Get Revshift or AKG mounts, they have the correct angles.

I initially installed E28 535i mounts, but you can see how distorted the mounts were.
    -----------------
    89 M50B28 turbo
    LINKY
    -----------------

Comment

E34 525i mounts. 10 bucks each. Grind the alignment nubs off. Bolt in. Be happy. No headache. Save a bunch of cash for other stuff.

Comment

The other thing that concerned me about rubber mounts was the reports of them tearing apart and having the motor eat the radiator etc. With so little clearance because of the turbo in setup in my RHD E30, I wasn't keen on engine movement either.
        -----------------
        89 M50B28 turbo
        LINKY
        -----------------

Comment

Im about to post a video of my engine "Moving" in the other thread. I mean honestly I havent had any engine movement issues in 12000 miles and my mounts look fine. The e34 mounts are bolt through design not like the m20 which are garbage.

Comment

How about e28 M5 Mounts?
            How good are they for S50B30 conversion (I'm using Euro motor if it makes any difference)

I was just a bit unsure on the AKG Mounts as they are polyurethane and I want the least noise and vibration transfer in the cabin, so for OEM Mounts the 2 options that get thrown around is the e28 535i mounts and the e28 m5 mounts.
            Last edited by Z2TT; 03-09-2015, 08:55 PM.

Comment

I used these. They bolted right up:
              TRUE Automotive offers expert auto repair services with several locations in Decatur, Lawrenceville, Marietta, Atlanta, Suwanee, & Woodstock.

Comment

Originally posted by MrGreen View Post
                I used these. They bolted right up:
                http://www.markertmotorworks.com/#!p...-engine-mounts
                Those are e28 mounts

Comment

What i'm trying to figure out is the dimensional difference between e28 m5 trapezoid mounts and e28 535i ones, some people say they are the same just wondering which one mounts engine in best position.

Comment

Man apparently you didnt read the entire thread. Besides im pretty certain the 535 and m5 mounts are same or nearly same.

Comment

Working...
                    X