Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making a video for 944 booster swap, Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making a video for 944 booster swap, Suggestions?

Hey guys,

My buddy and I decided that we're gonna start to do some various E30 related videos, ranging from smaller to larger scale stuff. My car is in the process of getting S52 swapped, and I figured that there are no videos, and really just a few good forum posts about doing Booster swaps, so we're gonna try and make a good one.

So, for those of you who have done a 944 booster swap, or maybe anything else that would translate, what do you think would be important to see in the video? I'm using a ATE 944 booster, so all I really have to do is shorten the rod and install, but I'll cover Girling boosters as well.

What I have so far:

1.) Disconnecting brake lines from master
    2.) Disconnecting brake pedal
    3.) Unbolting booster from firewall/pedal box
    4.) Shortening ATE rod, brief description of Girling modifications
    5.) Swapping master over
    6.) Re-installing booster again
    7.) Connecting booster rod
    8.) reconnecting pedal
    9.) Connect brake lines
    10.) Bleed brakes (Probably link this out to another good video I know on youtube, just because he already did it better).

I'm a photography and video major at school, so the idea is to have good quality video and lighting, and with my general knowledge and MattAvino's great knowledge of E30's, that we can make a pretty killer video (and hopefully videos) that can really help out the e30 community.

And I'll take any other video ideas that you guys have right now too!
    WNY e30 Group on FB, feel free to join if you're from the area!

@mriterphoto on instagram

"Being airborne in an e30 is one of the worst ideas that I've done more than a couple dozen times"

me-"I've got one of those rare 7cyl low-comp S62's"
    MattAvino- "Those aren't rare"

Haha you should include a humurous how to for getting it out of a 944. Ive pulled a couple in the yards and its a real biatch. You have to take the seat out and lay upside down in the driver footwell for an inordinate amount of time.

Comment

hahaha if I would have pulled it, I could have done that. I bought it off someone parting out a wrecked car though
      WNY e30 Group on FB, feel free to join if you're from the area!

@mriterphoto on instagram

"Being airborne in an e30 is one of the worst ideas that I've done more than a couple dozen times"

me-"I've got one of those rare 7cyl low-comp S62's"
      MattAvino- "Those aren't rare"

Comment

I just swapped one. You can get away without unbolting the lines to the master cylinder. It helped to unbolt the ABS unit from it's mounts. But I guess it's not much "extra" work.
        '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
        Shadetree30

Comment

Working...
        X