Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e36 ebay headers for S50/M50 in a E30

Hey

Thinking about installing those on my car to substitute the heavy cast iron manifolds.

Anyone installed those on their swapped e30s? Folks on bf.c seem to like them esspecially for the price.
    I don't have the treehouse lolipops, just regular e30m3 solid rubber CABs - would those headers clear the CABs?

Thanks
    Alex

PM "Permit"
    '91 318is
    sigpic

Comment

i have them installed on my m50 swapped e30. they fit very nice look a hell of alot better, are lighter, and sound better then my stock manifolds. i had to unbolt my regular cab bracket to get the hardware in but there are no clearance issues when everything is mounted. believe it or now i actually feel a power difference on my non vanos motor too.

Comment

Interesting, fittament was no issue with the stock cab. I may have to pick up a set at some point.

Comment

I've read on few comments on different forums a while back about those headers, they're just normal 328/S52 headers and polished. Can someone confirm this?

Comment

Originally posted by qimis
            I've read on few comments on different forums a while back about those headers, they're just normal 328/S52 headers and polished. Can someone confirm this?
            Those are another set of 'ebay' headers
            San Diego BMW repair -> Jake @ www.littlecarshop.com Great guy :up:

Comment

I know for sure they fit with s50/2 powered e30s, so I imagine they work for any 24v.

Comment

What size exhaust tubing are you guys using anyway? Is single 3" enough for a M50 (might be swapping to S52 when I get the $$)?

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

i have single 2.5" and its great. had the same setup on 3 m50 swapped cars already. 3" might be a little tricky in the rear coming under the subframe, depending how low you are.

Comment

Using 2.5". If I wanted to use a fully built crazy S52, then I'd opt for 3"
                    San Diego BMW repair -> Jake @ www.littlecarshop.com Great guy :up:

Comment

Cool. Was having a hard time finding 3" mufflers anyway.

Are these ebay headers OBD-II polished or the ebay shorty headers being discussed? Thanks.

Tomek
                      Attached Files

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Those are nothing like OBD-II headers.

Also, even a single 2.5" is pretty big for an M50, even modded. 3" is huge, enough that you'd lose torque. And be mindful of where/how the two pipes come together. http://e30m3performance.com/tech_art...ipe/x-pipe.htm

Comment

I've got all my 3.5" piping for free and paid $10 for the downpipes cut in the right place already, straight through cat was $30, and sumit race muffler $60. My father-in-law is going to help fab it up and I'm going to compress the pipping 1" for clearance. I'm collecting right after the downpipes seems the most logical place....

Herb
                          bmpr stkr: real racers go left and right... so tru

Comment

Working...
                          X