Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did you do the check valve on your booster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did you do the check valve on your booster?

Hey everyone, I am sorting out some problems on my recently acquired m50 swapped project car. The booster appears to be original, certainly not an IX. I believe there is a check valve going into the booster and it appears the PO added a second in line check valve. I have seen this set up on many swaps in my search for an answer. Is the connection at the booster not a check value or is this running 2 check valves?

I plan to replace the hoses since they are leaking and want to know if I need to replace that in line valve. It looks like the skinny port is broken off the in line check valve letting air in as well on mine. The booster is not making any boost for the brakes at all so at least one of these valves may need a replacement. I want to be sure I order the necessary valve or valves with my new hose.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	7243703

Here is he broken nipple I was referring to:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	7176410

Comment

Bump?

Comment

The fitting at the booster is not a check valve, it's just a 90* fitting.
        Originally posted by codyep3
        I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
        2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
        1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
        1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
        2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
        2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
        2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
        2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
        2010 F650gs twin
        2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Thank you, makes more sense now. Not sure why a BMW mechanic I stopped in at said that is also a check valve. Not going back to that one!

Comment

Working...
          X