ODB1 manifold swap and large injector issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODB1 manifold swap and large injector issue

I swapped over to an ODB1 manifold on my S52 a couple weeks ago but am having a problem. I'm running larger injectors and physically they seem to be a bit larger than stock as well. The ODB2 fuel rail wants to sit at an angle, so all of the injectors are angled out a bit. This was fine for a while but now the fuel pressure is starting to force out the o-rings on one side and spray fuel everywhere.
    I'm running mounting adapters for the fuel rail so I think this problem is just due to the larger injector size. I tried using the stock clips to keep the injectors straighter to the rail but they do not work with my injectors. Does anyone else have issues with larger injectors on the ODB1 manifold with the ODB2 fuel rail?
    Thanks,
    Matt

Check out my BMW Fault Code Index
    '89 Turbo M20 Zinno Cabrio (scrapped)
    '89 Zinno IX (sold)
    '91 Granit Turbo S52 Sedan (scrapped)
    '91 WIP (scrapped)
    '13 F10 Carbon Black 550iX MSport
    '91 iX Sedan

what injectors are you using?
    '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
    Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
      what injectors are you using?
      Delphi 50lb (p/n #17113738 )

These:
      Shop for Fuel Injectors - High Impedance from top manufacturers like from a trusted source.

Just swapped back to the OBD2 manifold for now...couldn't live without my car any longer. But I'm still looking for insight as I would like to use the OBD1 manifold.
      Last edited by MattPro; 05-08-2015, 02:07 PM.
      Thanks,
      Matt

Check out my BMW Fault Code Index
      '89 Turbo M20 Zinno Cabrio (scrapped)
      '89 Zinno IX (sold)
      '91 Granit Turbo S52 Sedan (scrapped)
      '91 WIP (scrapped)
      '13 F10 Carbon Black 550iX MSport
      '91 iX Sedan

Comment

picture? it sounds like you should just fab some different brackets to hold the fuel rail in the appropriate place

you'd probably get a better answer on BF forced induction section or some other sub forum that people are commonly swapping injectors

Also, why such large injectors?
        Last edited by Sh3rpak!ng; 05-08-2015, 02:24 PM.
        '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
        Shadetree30

Comment

Working...
        X