S52 swap wiring help. Trying to get car started asap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S52 swap wiring help. Trying to get car started asap

I have a few issues I have before starting the car today. So first I want to make sure I have the right stuff wired up. I'm a noob when it comes to cars and the Army hasn't helped too much with PMCSing vehicles when I was enlisted :P. Any help would be much appreciated though.

Issue#:
    1. Is this the correct cable on the throttle position sensor? It's the only 3 prong cable that wasn't labeled from the previous owner. I can see the colors on the wire so if someone has the correct color I should be able to find out where it goes.

Or is it supposed to connect to here at the oil pan?

2.Where do these two wires connect? Is it the two connections on the fuel rail or one on the fuel rail and one on the solenoid? Keep in mind my Exhaust only has 2 OBD sensors and I don't think they will reach the ones on the fuel rail.

Here is a picture of the solenoid that has nothing connected to it.

Here is a picture of the fuel rail that has two connections that match up.

3.Is this where the oil temp wire goes to?

4.Where does this red wire go? I tried connecting it to a positive terminal behind it, but it started smoking a small wire just a bit in the dash when I turned the power on from the ignition. Immediately turned off the engine and figured I connected it wrong. Anyone know where it goes? For some reason I'm not getting any power to the fuel pump and I believe this red wire is the reason.

Thats def an OBD2 harness. Who did the harness conversion/adapter?

That V split you have in 1 pic: 1 goes to vanos solenoid, one goes to fuel rail wiring harness.
    The red wire in last pic def is power but if somthing started to burn you have some issues going on...

Check Us out on Facebook
    Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
    Full Product Line Tuning
    OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

purchased the swap from someone on the forums.

Comment

i must have a bad ground. I keep smoking the harness as soon as I touch that main power/red wire to power.

Comment

Fixed everything. I removed pin 20 from my harness and all is good :)

Comment

Ah. Harness made for a 90+ car and i assume yours is 88/89?

Check Us out on Facebook
            Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
            Full Product Line Tuning
            OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Working...
            X