How does m50 NV vent system work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does m50 NV vent system work?

Can someone explain what I'm looking at exactly?

Where does #4 and #5 go to exactly? I have some ideas but wouldn't hurt to ask the internet.

I think this is where the exhaust gasses that pass the piston rings comes out from, but I'm not 100% too sure.

#4 plugs into the first hole on the intake boot. #5 goes under the intake manifold on the plug for the ICV. Hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by Bmwdayz View Post
      #4 plugs into the first hole on the intake boot. #5 goes under the intake manifold on the plug for the ICV. Hope that helps
      Thank you so much

Comment

no the ICV doesnt have a vacuum line like that.

the small 3.5mm vac line off that valve goes to a nipple under the intake manifold, or on the throttle body, IIRC.

#1 loves to break, I would get a new one from BMW if yours is old, and for the #3 hose I used clear silicon tubing so I could see the blow by, available off eBay

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
          no the ICV doesnt have a vacuum line like that.

the small 3.5mm vac line off that valve goes to a nipple under the intake manifold, or on the throttle body, IIRC.

#1 loves to break, I would get a new one from BMW if yours is old, and for the #3 hose I used clear silicon tubing so I could see the blow by, available off eBay
          The ICV clip that goes into the manifold has a nipple on the side for the smaller hose. The nipple on the actual manifold I attached to the vacuum on the fuel rail.

Comment

Working...
          X