No announcement yet.

Turbo time for my S50 on a "budget"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its a 25x12x3 unit. I was going to run a 27x12x3 from Kameron but they are back ordered.
    1989 332IS -S-Fiddy Four-Some weight removed.
    5 lug E36 M3 Brakes Coilovers and LTW's and No ABS.

Comment

Now I am debating on wether to have the machine shop assemble my short block or do it myself. I think they only wanted like $300 to do it.

Comment

Make sure its a documented assembly with written down clearances. Anyone can just bolt together the bottom end.

In my experience its also never a bad idea to have to crank balanced with the clutch package and harmonic balancer.

Comment

it's gonna be a beast

Comment

Originally posted by Poopie View Post
            Make sure its a documented assembly with written down clearances. Anyone can just bolt together the bottom end.

In my experience its also never a bad idea to have to crank balanced with the clutch package and harmonic balancer.
            Yeah I am going to build it up myself. The crank was spun with everything hung except for the front pulley(aka harmonic balancer) I will be doing a build sheet for the construction all of the rods and Pistons were weighed and are Within less than 1 gram of each other already. It should be fun. I bought a new tq wrench just for the build and a legit degree wheel.

Comment

Got the Crank in, now I need to lie fit the rings and get those pistons and rods in.

Comment

Spent all the money with Achilles today for this bad boy.
                http://www.achillesmotorsports.com/A...11-am-uopr.htm

I should never have to give Oil Pressure another thought. Also picked up a oil pan baffle from them. Nice guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Glamor assembly shots next week hopefully. I also picked up a new factory firewall sound deadener. The only downside to to the new piece is I have to remove the Booster to install it but that is a small price to pay for such a nice OE look and for a significantly improved sound deadener as my old one was disintegrating.

So what is the general thought on starting out with a larger injector capable of up to 800hp and running it at lower capacity to say 450whp? I only ask as I know that Rktunes sells two size injectors and I would like to be able to get up to 650-700 some day but I don't want to start there. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by BMW_TUNER View Post
                  Spent all the money with Achilles today for this bad boy.
                  http://www.achillesmotorsports.com/A...11-am-uopr.htm

I should never have to give Oil Pressure another thought. Also picked up a oil pan baffle from them. Nice guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Glamor assembly shots next week hopefully. I also picked up a new factory firewall sound deadener. The only downside to to the new piece is I have to remove the Booster to install it but that is a small price to pay for such a nice OE look and for a significantly improved sound deadener as my old one was disintegrating.

So what is the general thought on starting out with a larger injector capable of up to 800hp and running it at lower capacity to say 450whp? I only ask as I know that Rktunes sells two size injectors and I would like to be able to get up to 650-700 some day but I don't want to start there. Thoughts?
                  Just get the 80# injectors. Jordan gets them to idle and drive great on pump gas, with lower boost and it also leaves you the option to make 500whp on e85
                  Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

So after a recent trip to Sonoma raceway and a nice HPDE I am thinking about shifting focus on my E30. I am now more inclined to make it handle as well as possible and make the turbo setup generate max power very low and evenly. I know that is not very fun or sexy but it will be far more track friendly. What size turbo should I be looking at to make maybe a max of 400 hp but more importantly to get boost to come in very early?

Comment

Running OBD1 or 2 btw?
                      This is an H1C on a M50 8.5:1 15psi...

Check Us out on Facebook
                      Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                      Full Product Line Tuning
                      OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

OBD 1 stock S50 DME.

Comment

I am also looking at a cheap builder 1989 325i coupe that I can more easily turn into a spec car, or a spec car in waiting.

Comment

Comment

As in finish this build and then build a spec car?

Comment

Originally posted by BMW_TUNER View Post
                                So after a recent trip to Sonoma raceway and a nice HPDE I am thinking about shifting focus on my E30. I am now more inclined to make it handle as well as possible and make the turbo setup generate max power very low and evenly. I know that is not very fun or sexy but it will be far more track friendly. What size turbo should I be looking at to make maybe a max of 400 hp but more importantly to get boost to come in very early?
                                Maybe talk to Kam, Kinugawa might have a turbo that would fit the bill. They make semi custom turbos from what I understand.

Comment

Working...
                                X