Installing Transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing Transmission

I am mating up the E36 transmission to the engine after replacing the clutch/flywheel and there are a couple metal 'tins' that go between the two.

I can't recall the configuration of the 'tins', does anybody know how the go or have a picture? Do I even need them? I was hoping realoem would have a diagram, but it doesn't show them.

i didnt use any... i am not saying that this is the best way but i have had no problems without any of those heatshieldy things
    e30sport.net
    '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
    '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
    '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

mike - there is one small set screw (10mm head i think) that goes on the exhaust side of the bell housing.

install it, it keeps water, dirt and r-comp buggers out of the bell housing. the last thing you need is your fly open.....i mean flywheel open.

cheers, jason

Comment

Reviving an old thread because I search...

My bell housing part of my G250 motor has a few holes in it. Is this bad? Do I need to find a way to seal the holes. There are two about a nickel large I guess, and I can literally see my flywheel through the holes in the bell housing.

Comment

Are they legit holes? Or cast in openings, there's normally a couple opening in the bell housing were it mates against the block. Totally fine that those are open.

Comment

Working...
          X