charcoal canister delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

charcoal canister delete

Ok i've been reading and i'm still confused how now to delete the canister. Can i just connect the line from the gas tank to the evap valve that goes to the TB, bypassing the charcoal canister, or will i blow something up?

You just cap the tube coming from the TB and then vent the canister into the open air. Letting it vent into the TB will allow gas to build in there and then result in a big backfire.

Comment

it won't cuase a back fire, I've had mine vented to the t-body direct for the last 2 months, But I'm going to be reinstalling the canister sometime soon. I would not vent directly to the air, as you will get some nasty fumes etc... in your engine bay.
      85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

remove entire line from tank to engine bay... route new line or shortened old line up above the tank away from your exhaust. Make a 720 degree loop in the line and point the exit tward the ground.

this allows the tank to vent with out water getting into the tank... just make sure the line is not crimped or near the exhaust
        e30sport.net
        '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
        '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
        '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

well i'll do the TB venting thing as i planned and if i backfire i'll try out what beirbrenner said. thanks guys

Comment

I just vent mine into the engine bay, I dont smell fumes or have had any problem with it. I just capped off the TB where it used to go in.

You will get a code thrown for an evap purge valve, but it will not effect the car.
            Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Comment

To stop the fault code I soldered in a 68 Ohm resistor in place of the purge valve.
              Works a treat:D

Comment

Working...
              X