Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

c101 and x20 wire diagram (e30 M50 adapter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The idle control valve is supposed to hum. the c104 is a 3 wire plug that should be near the dme. Its only for making the obc work properly if your car even has one, but i think the tach input might be there, either that or the fuel rate. The eta charts are somewhere in the engine forum. I dont have them on hand.

The akg chart is not something i would recommend going by. The important wires seem to be correct, but its hard to mess up the big black/yellow wire, or the black/green wires, however the wires for the car functions dont seem to be near correct.
    Old and improved:

Comment

Cool thanks man, My fuel pump is working and the starter motor turns over, idle control valve is working obviously so heres hoping the rest of the wires are all good will have to wait till i get my head back this week.

What do you mean by the car functions? Still unable to find that damn C104 is anyone able to take a photo of one for me or have a photo of one already?

Cheers guys

Comment

You probably don't have the C104 connection. A US car from that year wouldn't.

Comment

Sorry about this

Ok so i had an engine fire and am now getting my stuff in line to start wiring
          The problem i have is i threw my Engine harness from my 87 325e away thinking oh i dont need it but i am finding that i might.
          Can some on tell me what i am going to need to do. I know this sounds really nubish, but i am really lost with wiring, it seems every one is doing this to an 88-89 or 90-91 E30 and i cant find any thing on the 87 is or 87 325e the E more specificly sense that would be what i have. I would like to know if there is a diff from the 87 325i or is and the 325e as the motors are diff so i dont start doing this for the I or IS and find its completly diff for the E.
          And last, is there any way to try and do this by just cutting the harnesses and wiring the body harness directly to the engine harness for the M50. It seems to me that you guys are saying the colors change once they go through the conector from E30 engine to E30 body side.
          I am so lost and i really hate being a nusence but its getting cold and need my car back so im not riding a rocket in the snow here in Good old iowa.

Comment

Originally posted by B3M2W5 View Post
            The problem i have is i threw my Engine harness from my 87 325e away thinking oh i dont need it but i am finding that i might.
            Can some on tell me what i am going to need to do. I know this sounds really nubish, but i am really lost with wiring, it seems every one is doing this to an 88-89 or 90-91 E30 and i cant find any thing on the 87 is or 87 325e the E more specificly sense that would be what i have. I would like to know if there is a diff from the 87 325i or is and the 325e as the motors are diff so i dont start doing this for the I or IS and find its completly diff for the E.
            And last, is there any way to try and do this by just cutting the harnesses and wiring the body harness directly to the engine harness for the M50. It seems to me that you guys are saying the colors change once they go through the conector from E30 engine to E30 body side.
            I am so lost and i really hate being a nusence but its getting cold and need my car back so im not riding a rocket in the snow here in Good old iowa.
            Originally posted by 325Projectz
            don't listen to the diagram... listen to mr. swiss.
            :nice:

Comment

Have you looked at wiring diagrams for the year of your car and engine?

Comment

Ya ive been trying to find them but having trouble, im looking at the ETM's for the 94 motor and the 87 car but i think i found the pins and wires for the engine harness but having trouble with the body harness.

Comment

Ha ha if i only had money to blow
                  i thought about it but when your a poor college kid trying to do this beside your garage yah

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
                    You probably don't have the C104 connection. A US car from that year wouldn't.
                    So I would still need to hook up my rpm signal wire that goes to the rev counter right? I would just run a wire from pin 20 on the E34 X20 connector to the rev counter wire in the back of the speedo cluster correct?

Luke

Comment

Ha ha if i only had money to blow
                      i thought about it but when your a poor college kid trying to do this beside your garage yah

It really is worth it. Use some of that student loan money or pick up a part time job, you could have the $ to get one in a week.
                      Originally posted by 325Projectz
                      don't listen to the diagram... listen to mr. swiss.
                      :nice:

Comment

Originally posted by Boost Junky View Post
                        So I would still need to hook up my rpm signal wire that goes to the rev counter right? I would just run a wire from pin 20 on the E34 X20 connector to the rev counter wire in the back of the speedo cluster correct?

Luke
                        late model cars with no c104 had the tach signal in the c101.
                        Old and improved:

Comment

If your is 87 then it is NOT in C104. Take a look at this - C104 pin 1:
                          Attached Files

Comment

Not really clear on how that diagram works? So the Engine Input Speed wire goes through plugs C103 -> C235 -> C104 to get to the ECU? My E30 is an 88... facelift so in theory if its the same as a USA one it wont have the C104.

Luke

Comment

That diagram couldn't be simpler, you read it correctly. It' just doesn't apply to your car.

Comment

Oh mint haha so im not as dumb as i thought :-D sweet ill figure out how to wire up my RPM wire, fuel consumption wire and service reset wire. Will let you know how I get on, will be a few weeks cause my heads not gonne be rebuilt till the 27th! :(

Comment

Working...
                                X