Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone provide more information on the S50b30US/m50 stroker clone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone provide more information on the S50b30US/m50 stroker clone?

I am just looking for more information in regards to the m50b25 to s50b30 clone build. I can only seem to come across a couple of builds.

This thread : http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=569110 . (Please don't hit me for using an outside source to provide information!!! I can remove if this offends any of the r3v brothers) Seems to provide the most detailed information on the route I plan to take.

After many weeks and months of trying to decide on the perfect heart. I think this should be perfect for my application.

Essentially it is a m50 stroker kit, so if anyone has build threads they can share, that would be great.

Also looking for input from people who have done this. Thanks guys!
    20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Also, why could I not use the m52b28? There is an untouched one in the local scrap yard that I would love to pull.
    20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

Originally posted by HerbE30 View Post
      Also, why could I not use the m52b28? There is an untouched one in the local scrap yard that I would love to pull.
      You can use m52b28 too. Or it's even better than m50 because of the lighter valvetrain and almost everything is bit better than in m50. Of course it's not as robust as m50 but in NA use it doesn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by pazi88 View Post
        You can use m52b28 too. Or it's even better than m50 because of the lighter valvetrain and almost everything is bit better than in m50. Of course it's not as robust as m50 but in NA use it doesn't matter.
        That's pretty much what I thought. The b28 still has the same bore. There is one in the local junkyard that I can grab for cheap as I do a lot of work and am a good friend with the owner.

The reason I like the idea of this build is
        1. Cost.
        2. The fact I can build it with time as I find parts, my m20 runs strong and well.

The only thing I worry about are the occasional slides.
        So regarding bouncing off the tach, should I just find a m50? Could I just maintain a lower than aggressive rev just for safety?
        20% Accurate

Comment

Another question, since the stroke of the 2.8 is already rather long. Would I be better off just throwing an m3 cam? With m50 intake?
          20% Accurate

Comment

Originally posted by HerbE30 View Post
            That's pretty much what I thought. The b28 still has the same bore. There is one in the local junkyard that I can grab for cheap as I do a lot of work and am a good friend with the owner.

The reason I like the idea of this build is
            1. Cost.
            2. The fact I can build it with time as I find parts, my m20 runs strong and well.

The only thing I worry about are the occasional slides.
            So regarding bouncing off the tach, should I just find a m50? Could I just maintain a lower than aggressive rev just for safety?
            The m52 has lighter valvetrain so it handles high rpm better than m50 which has lot more weight in valves and lifters. Limiter in my turbo is set to 7500rpm and no problems handling it. In NA setup with s52 cams you don't even need to rev that so high. And if you stay in 84mm stroke you don't need to worry about the oil pump nut falling of. That is only problem with 89.6 stroke (s52/m54b30 crank).

Comment

Working...
            X