Confirming if is ok to run high pressure fuel hose \instead of hard lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirming if is ok to run high pressure fuel hose \instead of hard lines

I need fuel lines for my fuel rail. I was thinking about picking this up https://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E36-32.../Fuel/ES35838/ but reading through other threads it looks like some people just run 8mm high pressure fuel hoses instead of some hose and then hard fuel line like the kit. Other than the issue of needing to bend the hard fuel lines, is there any advantage over the other? I obviously want to make sure I'm not going to start a fire at some point. I rather just get 8mm or 5/16 fuel hose, it sounds easier.

As always, thanks guys! Couldn't of gotten to the point I am at now without the community.
    Last edited by AllydNYC; 09-28-2016, 09:58 AM.
    E30: '91 318is - M52/ZF320 | Azev A 16X7.5 | H&R Race/Bilstein | Completely refreshed suspension/brakes/drivetrain

An Associate/Bachelors degree is America's most overrated product

One benefit of using hard lines is that they stay where you mount them, for the most part. A long rubber hose will need to be clamped in place so it will not rub and wear a hole in it.
    sigpic
    Steve Corbett
    1983 528E Scrapped
    1983 528E Sold
    1984 745I
    1984 325E - Sold
    1989 325I Bronzit-Sold
    1989 325I Zinno
    1988 635CSI

Comment

Rubber has a much shortly life expectancy than plated metal tubing.

Besides, enough high pressure fuel hose to replace all those hard lines will cost more than that kit. You'll pay $4-5 a foot for hose, so at best you'll get 15 feet of hose for the same price.

Comment

Make a lot of sense. I'm assuming the hard lines and hoses attached in the kit should reach but the bends are completely wrong. Looking at other pictures of the hard lines attached to the fuel rail, it doesn't look like they are the same. Looking at RealOEM, I can get part numbers but when I put them into Google or whatever, there aren't pictures of it. I'm assuming I'll need to then get some hose then. It doesn't seem like the make it as a kit, these are pretty expensive.

Last edited by AllydNYC; 09-28-2016, 04:21 PM.
        E30: '91 318is - M52/ZF320 | Azev A 16X7.5 | H&R Race/Bilstein | Completely refreshed suspension/brakes/drivetrain

An Associate/Bachelors degree is America's most overrated product

Comment

If you are going to replace those 12 and 13 hardlines with hose, there is no problem. Even in the newer BMW engines has regular hoses instead of those. But if you are going to replace the long hardlines under the car, I wouldn't do that because the hoses need lot more mounting points than the hard lines and they can get damaged more easily from flying rocks etc.

Comment

Working...
          X