Are these cams weird? They seem weird.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are these cams weird? They seem weird.

Curious if anyone can read this cam tag and tell me what it would behave like in an m50tu or a s52? (I can stick them in either..)

The short story is they were sold to me as stock-spec s52 regrinds, but going by what I can understand from the specs, that is not what they are. Seller has unfortunately since disappeared. I'm honestly pretty surprised I got them at all..

cars beep boop

Originally posted by kronus View Post
    Curious if anyone can read this cam tag and tell me what it would behave like in an m50tu or a s52? (I can stick them in either..)

The short story is they were sold to me as stock-spec s52 regrinds, but going by what I can understand from the specs, that is not what they are. Seller has unfortunately since disappeared. I'm honestly pretty surprised I got them at all..
    Seems to have almost exactly same specs as s52 stock cams so you got what you paid for. So put those into m50.

Comment

awesome, thanks for the sanity check.

I also called the regrinder (Crower) and they said basically the same thing. Kind of weird that nothing matches the published specs, but I also called Rebello and they said that everyone measures cams differently and that those sound pretty much like stock S52 cams.
      cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by pazi88 View Post
        Seems to have almost exactly same specs as s52 stock cams so you got what you paid for. So put those into m50.
        Ooo, your username looked familiar, then I looked at your signature. I like your YouTube videos, keep up the good work. I like relaxing on the couch and watching them.

...Sorry, off topic!
        E30: '91 318is - M52/ZF320 | Azev A 16X7.5 | H&R Race/Bilstein | Completely refreshed suspension/brakes/drivetrain

An Associate/Bachelors degree is America's most overrated product

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
          awesome, thanks for the sanity check.

I also called the regrinder (Crower) and they said basically the same thing. Kind of weird that nothing matches the published specs, but I also called Rebello and they said that everyone measures cams differently and that those sound pretty much like stock S52 cams.
          The s52 intake cam has 252 degrees and 10.2 mm of lift. Yours have 257 degree and 10.64 mm, so it's pretty close. Nothing that would make noticeable difference. For the exhaust I have found different specs but it should have 240-244 degrees and 9,7 or 10,2 mm of lift. Yours have 244 degrees and 9.82 mm of lift so it also very close.

But you are right about measuring the cams differently. Some manufacturers give their cam specs from 0 mm of lift to 0 mm (the degrees I was talking previously). But some European manufacturers give the duration from 1 mm to 1 mm lift. And in your spec sheet they also give the duration from 0.050" to 0.050" of lift which is from 1.27 mm to 1.27 mm.

Originally posted by AllydNYC View Post
          Ooo, your username looked familiar, then I looked at your signature. I like your YouTube videos, keep up the good work. I like relaxing on the couch and watching them.

...Sorry, off topic!
          Thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...
          X