No announcement yet.

New to me car with M50 Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my sunroof out and headliner down. Cassette looks to be in ok condition, the passenger side rear drain hose looks to have some junk in it. I also have to split the sunroof itself to deal with some internal rust. Looks like the glue BMW used for the headliner foam also was a little corrosive, the overspray that hit the rood has caused some surface rust.

Second pic shows the only significant rust I can see on the roof itself. My current plan is to stick the sandblaster in through the various holes in the sunroof cassette and get it mostly cleaned up, then I will neutralize the rust and coat with por15, which should stop anything from occurring in the future.

Headliner foam ripped while being removed, so I'll have to replace it. I think I'll stick dynapad to the cassette and trim around the sunroof hole with an exacto knife.

"Dolphins aren't so smart, they can't even engineer an E-diff"

Comment

Anyone got a part number for this guy? I broke a couple where the wiring goes under the rear seat and I've scoured the internet and come up short.

Any Binky fans? Got my BOM mug and little garage kettle so tea is on offer in the shop now.

Comment

I've decided to move this to the project forum. I'll post in here if I have some M50 questions.

Comment

Working...
        X