Cylinder 4 Injector not Firing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cylinder 4 Injector not Firing

Got my swap running pretty good, except for a dead miss on cylinder 4. I checked and #4 injector isn't firing. So I thought I'd switch it and all would be well. That was not the case, still not firing. I checked it by taking the injector harness off and cycling injector #4 with a 9v battery and it will click. I've checked voltage on both sides of it when the key is in position 2 and get 12 v on both sides so I know the connection between the injector and harness is good. I've also checked the resistance of all of them and there all the same. ~16 ohms on a warm motor. Then I checked all of the injector signal wires to the computer connector and they are all good. So I'm at a loss, what can cause the computer to not fire the injector? I did have a missing ground on the ignition coils when I first got it wired up. I'm wondering if I fried the computer? I also had c104 miss wired not sure if that could have messed with it. Other than the injector not firing it runs great.

Any ideas?

I was thinking about it more, I have another DME and it still misses on cylinder 4. I should take it apart and check continuity between the DME and injector just to make sure its making it through the connector.

Comment

I was running on 5 cylinders right after I swapped in my 24v. I pushed on top of the injector wiring cover in different places around the suspected injector and it would start firing if I pushed in a certain spot. Turned out to be not plugged in all the way. I know it sounds stupid but it looked like it was in all the way but it wasn't clicked fully and that fixed it. Putting the end of a long flathead against the injectors and putting the handle up to your ear helped me so much during this process to hear the clicking of the injector opening or not

Comment

So I've tried that and got 12 v to both sides of the injector. That would diagnose the connection on the actual injector correct.

I also checked voltage on the signal side set to VAC and they all get a reading except #4

Comment

I checked continuity between the DME side of the injector to the DME and it checks out good. Any ideas?

Comment

So in case anyone finds this later. If you try to start your M/S50 with out your coil ground hooked up you can fry your DME. Both of my DME's failed on the #4 injector. New one fixed it.

Comment

I was going to say DME but the fact that you had two fail on cylinder 4 threw me off!

Comment

My guess was the coils were looking for a ground and found it through the same spot.

Comment

Working...
                X