HA! It FINALLY started......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HA! It FINALLY started......

ok so I guess everyone on the forums now knows that i was in the process of doing an M50 swap in my car. i could only work on it for so long, so when I had to trouble shoot a problem I had to wait a few days to over a week to see if that was an solution to my problem.

anyways, the whole time when we could get the motor to turn, we thought it was the timing but becasue somethign was hooked up wrong or the adapter for the c101 was wrong.

well we never thought to check the timing wheel for some odd reason utill permit mentioned somethign about it.

we it turns out the dumbass I bought the motor from had taken off the wheel for somereason. it was a company and the owner didn't look over the kid that ws taking things off.

when the person put the wheel back on they push the alignment pin all the way in and put the wheel on totally backwards, so that explains the timing being WAY off.

so i fixed the wheel, made sure it was the right one. and then turned the key, and WHOLA it runs.

pics will be in the members ride section on friday or saturday.

I still need an exhaust for the car so if anyone has any that i can pick-up (i can cut and make it fit almost what ever exhaust it is, e30 or e36)

also the driveshaft hits my shiftlinkage, even with a modifided selector rod so I need to see about removing the ring around it or getting a driveshaft that diesn't have it.

and then just need a fan and a coolant sensor for the head. then it will be done and ready to be riped apart again for some more power, hopefully in a few months after christmas if funds work out.

Mike Fritz

Congrats!
    Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

wow i'm so freakin jealous man, but i'm glad you got it to start and run. i'm still trying to get mine to the cranking stage haha

Comment

He's in denial. It didnt really start, only in his dreams. I should know, I was the one who turned the key the first time. This car belongs in the scrap yard.

After I made some car noises and convinced him it was running, I flintstone'd it out of the garage and down the road. He'll be in for a surpise when he tries to start it next week!!

ok, im kidding. But if you get it road worthy im running you with the eta and the new head/cam set-up. My money is on me!
        Old and improved:

Comment

Originally posted by EtaSport View Post
          only in his dreams.

haha funny thing is i had a dream i was driving my car around too then i woke up and got pissed off cause i' back in reality. damb

Comment

lol.. well hopefully you will get it going soon. Is it all installed and not starting, or just not done with the swap?
            Old and improved:

Comment

its installed and not cranking, starter is gettin gpower but here's the thing. when i was installing the underdrive pulleys i took out the A/C pulley and put the crank pulley back on with the same bolts but they ended up being too long and they dug into the block and kept it from cranking yay....... at least i found the problem now

Comment

Fuck I cant wait to get mine in.

Comment

yay for mikey!

Comment

when you say "ring" on the driveshaft, are you talkign about the vibration dampener?

if so, rip that fucker off.

Doing something M50 related? -> http://www.addissimo.com
                    On Myspace? ->http://groups.myspace.com/r3vlimited
                    BF2142 SN = BillyGoose

Comment

Originally posted by Addissimo View Post
                      when you say "ring" on the driveshaft, are you talkign about the vibration dampener?

if so, rip that fucker off.

yep already did :D the rubbing is no longer a problem, but still figuring out the exhaust situation, using a 325 exhaust and going to cut it and line it with flex piping..

Mike Fritz

Comment

Are you using the older style shifter carrier still, or did you swap to an aluminum one?

Comment

Working...
                        X