S52 to G260 Clutch/Flywheel/PP combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S52 to G260 Clutch/Flywheel/PP combo

Before you shoot me, I did use the forum search for this. I do believe this combination will work, but before pulling the trigger I wanted to make sure that this E36 M3 kit would work for my swap.

Engine: 98 S52
    Transmission: 87 Getrag 260

Below is the kit I'm wanting to use. Lightweight "10.4lbs" flywheel and HD "Stage 1?" clutch. The car explicitly sees a combination of autocross, rallycross, and amateur drifting...not joking.

Will this work for me?

I’ve used this kit. It was fine but I’ve heard the Chromoly Flywheel is better. The disc and pressure plate are solid. I had the same motor and transmission setup.
    You will want to get a throw out bearing as the one that comes with it is no good. I recommend Sachs for the bearing.

Comment

Originally posted by raj View Post
      I’ve used this kit. It was fine but I’ve heard the Chromoly Flywheel is better. The disc and pressure plate are solid. I had the same motor and transmission setup.
      You will want to get a throw out bearing as the one that comes with it is no good. I recommend Sachs for the bearing.
      Chromoly better in terms of driveability or reliability? This is strictly a motorsports build with virtually zero road use. I've heard the same thing about the ebay TO bearings as well. Thank you for the heads up! :)

Comment

Reliability.

I went to a JBRacing flywheel and am very happy. I did have a bad experience with the F1 kit but it seems uncommon; despite torquing to spec, the flywheel bolts rattled themselves loose and then the entire assembly began rattling loudly. I haven’t had this issue with my JB+E34 M5 kit that I got from Bimmerworld.

Comment

Working...
        X