M50B20 Stroker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M50B20 Stroker?

Hey guys, I have an M50B20 engine in my E30 right now and I'm feeling a little bit low on power. I've read somewhere that you can stroke the engine by using the crankshaft from an M52B28, creating essentially a M50B25 but with a smaller bore.

Is there anything else that i need to do to go from B20 to B25? Also, I'm not going to swap to a M52B28 as it is much more of a hassle, in addition there are almost no M50B25 motors where i live.

Thanks for the input, all help is appreciated. :)

P.S. The motor has Vanos

Originally posted by alifsyz View Post
    Hey guys, I have an M50B20 engine in my E30 right now and I'm feeling a little bit low on power. I've read somewhere that you can stroke the engine by using the crankshaft from an M52B28, creating essentially a M50B25 but with a smaller bore.

Is there anything else that i need to do to go from B20 to B25? Also, I'm not going to swap to a M52B28 as it is much more of a hassle, in addition there are almost no M50B25 motors where i live.

Thanks for the input, all help is appreciated. :)

P.S. The motor has Vanos
    How come m52 is more hasle? Exactly same as swapping m50b25 there for example. You just need to reflash the ecu for ews and vss delete or get already flashed one from ebay. Just by few clicks.

You can stroke your m50b20 vanos engine to b25 by swapping the m52b28 crank and connecting rods to it. The b20 ecu might not be up for the task after it so you should also get b25 ecu for it. And to complicate things, your ecu might be siemens ms40 which doesn't have b25 variant as far as I know. So to get b25 ecu for it, you will need to change engine wiring and sensors also. And in that case, it would be better to go with siemens ms41 from m52 instead of motronic from m50b25, because ut's much better.

Comment

Originally posted by pazi88 View Post
      How come m52 is more hasle? Exactly same as swapping m50b25 there for example. You just need to reflash the ecu for ews and vss delete or get already flashed one from ebay. Just by few clicks.

You can stroke your m50b20 vanos engine to b25 by swapping the m52b28 crank and connecting rods to it. The b20 ecu might not be up for the task after it so you should also get b25 ecu for it. And to complicate things, your ecu might be siemens ms40 which doesn't have b25 variant as far as I know. So to get b25 ecu for it, you will need to change engine wiring and sensors also. And in that case, it would be better to go with siemens ms41 from m52 instead of motronic from m50b25, because ut's much better.
      Hey thanks for the reply pazi
      p.s. love ur vids btw! I look forward to more e30 madness

The M50 i have right now is partly rebuilt and in good condition. At the time of the project, i just wanted to get the car rolling and now i hunger for more power! Anyways, it would be a waste to throw the engine out so i figured adding a little more stroke would give it that extra spice. I do have a question about engine management though; you mentioned getting the ecu from the M52 (which is Obd 2? and M50s are Obd 1). Is there any modifications i should do to make it work? Im also thinking of getting a remap/flash tune with the b20 ecu that i have right now. Will it be fine using the current ecu with a custom tune?

Thx a bunch. And happy new year!

Comment

I organized an engine. Pistons 80mm but crankshaft and arms 2.8. Ecu ms41. Intake manifold m50b25. Injectors pink color 2.8. Suction cam m54b30. Flowmeter 2.8. Gasoline pressure regulator 3.5 bar. Cold weather kit. Headers. Double inlet double outlet exhaust. Well should I do chip tuning. Would it help. Do I really have extra power

Comment

Working...
        X