Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OBD1 M52, Wont rev with O2 connected when warm

I just finished my swap:
    M52, OBD1 413 DME, SSSQuid stage 2 93 octane tune, S52 cams, all new hoses, rebuilt vanos etc etc.

It fires up and idles like a champ. Runs stellar, very responsive and strong, then within a few minutes when the car warms up and presumably enters closed loop, the throttle does not respond at all, the engine does not rev. You can hear some lean popping if you apply throttle but but the RPM doesnt increase. It basically stays at idle. I then have to coast to a stop, pop the hood, and unplug the oxygen sensor to get going again. Once the sensor is unplugged and the ecu us runbing in ipen loop again it runs perfect and pulls strong alll the way to 7200 rpm
    I dont have a CEL wired up so I cant do a stomp test

What I have tried:
    -known good MAF
    -checked O2 heater circuit function, repaired circuit, but made no difference

What I am trying next
    -different DME
    -another new O2
    -ensure no exhaust leaks exist from band clamps on headers
    -confirm that i didnt mix up any wires on the extension harness i made.

Has anyone run into this problem? Its pretty obvious it has to do with the oxygen sensor but I wanted to check and see if there was anything else to check that may not follow traditiona logic , or if this is a commom problem with a known solution (say if the 413 DME is known to fail in this sort of way etc).

Thanks for any experience or insight
    Last edited by Sagaris; 04-30-2018, 08:13 PM.

Engine Coolant temp sensor within range once its warm?
    IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

It's a new sensor, but there is no harm in verifying it.
      For it to be the coolant temp sensor the ECU would have to resort to a default coolant temp value when the O2 sensor is unplugged. Im not sure if the ECU operates like that or not. I will give it a test though. Thanks for the response

Comment

Just to start covering my basesI went through the tests in the E36 Bentley to check the resistance and reference voltage on the following sensors:
        Throtte Position Sensor
        Coolant Temp Sensor
        Intake Temp Sensor
        Mass Airflow Sensor (voltage and ground test)

Everything checks out good with those. Tomorrow I will run the oxygen sensor testing procedures

Comment

Working...
        X