Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shifter issues?

Hey Guys,

I tried finishing up all of my shift linkage today and am still having alignment issues. I have my m52 mated to the stock g260 in my car. I have condor speed shop delrin motor and trans mounts (in case that matters), all new garagistic shifter bushings, UUC twisted DSSR for motor swaps, and a z3 shifter. Not only has nothing fit together properly without either lots of sanding or grinding, I am finding that the shifter arms is sitting off pretty far to the passenger side of the car, and it's no letting me properly align my rear shift arm bushing/bracket. I feel like if I pull it into place I am going to break something.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Do I indeed need to bend the shift arm? Is my trans not aligned?

anyone have any insight?

Comment

What shifter carrier and slector rod are you using? When I did my delrin bushings I had to do some massaging as well. It's tight in there. I loosened the front motor mounts and dropped the tranny mount install the linkage first then bolted the motor in.

Comment

I have the standard g260 carrier and the UUC twisted DSSR for swapped cars. I rear carrier bushing/bracket comes nowhere close to the mounting tabs on the chassis and I feel like if I pull it in order to align it I may break something or cause other issues from the pressure I put on it.
        Attached Files

Comment

Are you using the right trans bracket? The swap bracket one the tilt compensation?
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, forgot to mention that I am running a condor speed shop trans bracket as well.

Comment

Working...
            X