Question/Help: M52 Auto wiring harness DYI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question/Help: M52 Auto wiring harness DYI

I've been working on my wiring harness for my M52B28 OBD2 swap the last few days. The motor will be going into my M40 e30 Touring that is a '94 build.

The main X20 to C101 connection conversion has gone well from the info I've found through the web/forums. However I have some questions as my harness/engine was from an Automatic e36 (6/96 build). The harness has 3 round connections:

1. The main connector plug that i've switched to C101
    1. Automatic Transmission connector
    1. ASC? connector - i'm not 100% sure what this connector is for as most of the dyi on the web for autos show 2 connectors only

My question is regarding removing the wiring to the 2 extra connectors. I cut off the Automatic computer connector and traced all wires back to these 2 connectors and removed them. However I was left with a few extra wires:
    • 5 wires from the smaller connector that trace back to the DME
    • 4 wires from the larger connector (auto) that trace back to the DME
    • 2 wires, from the auto computer to the DME. one brown, one double black & yellow twist.

The excess wires from the two connectors to the DME i've just cut, shrink tubed & tucked away in the main wiring casing. Is that ok to do? Can i do the same for the 2 other wires from the DME?

I searched quite a bit but have been unable to find anything

much appreciated

Happy Holidays!
    '89 BMW M3
    '94 BMW 318i Touring
    '11 BMW 1M
    '97 BMW 328i
    '89 BMW 325i w/M52 (Race Car)
    pixsoul.ca | electricpixel.ca

Yes you can cut away all those extra wires. Those are not needed when you don't have automatic transmission anymore and asc. There is only 3 wires needed to run the engine with ecu thst has ews deleted :D

Comment

Thanks pazi88. I actually followed your YouTube vid to do the job. It was super helpful

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      '89 BMW M3
      '94 BMW 318i Touring
      '11 BMW 1M
      '97 BMW 328i
      '89 BMW 325i w/M52 (Race Car)
      pixsoul.ca | electricpixel.ca

Comment

Working...
      X