Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M52 swap sitting to far forward with rev shift mounts. HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a m52 with a zf trans in my 325is with rev shift motor mounts and the motor Is sitting to far forward. To the point where I can’t fit my SPAL slim fan (2in thick ) between the engine and radiator. Is anyone else having this issue with these particular motor mounts?

Before people ask it’s a turbo m52 with ac so pretty much can’t put the fan any where else other than between the engine and radiator.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Want some custom Splatter Paint Trim Pieces, Kidney Grills, Shift Knob, and Valve Covers with M Colors PM ME ! INSTAGRAM ~ @snaki_customs :D

Run the stock a/c fan. They work very well.

Additionally, if you find your engine mounts are the issue, I would recommend the AKG polyurethane mounts, specifically for 24v powered E30s.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

The stock ac fan is to thick got a thinner
      One to fit between condenser and intercooler. But that not my issue.

The problem is the the radiator cooling fan won’t fit between the radiator and the engine it hits the water pump pulley bolts

Want some custom Splatter Paint Trim Pieces, Kidney Grills, Shift Knob, and Valve Covers with M Colors PM ME ! INSTAGRAM ~ @snaki_customs :D

Comment

Originally posted by Bigboost3 View Post
        I got a m52 with a zf trans in my 325is with rev shift motor mounts and the motor Is sitting to far forward. To the point where I can’t fit my SPAL slim fan (2in thick ) between the engine and radiator. Is anyone else having this issue with these particular motor mounts?

Before people ask it’s a turbo m52 with ac so pretty much can’t put the fan any where else other than between the engine and radiator.

Thank you.

What radiator? Z3M?

Comment

Originally posted by eternal24k View Post
          What radiator? Z3M?

Mishimoto

Comment

Wait, are you running a fan in front of the radiator already? If so, you don't need nor want one on the back too.

And Mishimoto is the brand of radiator, but what model are you running?

Comment

You might want both with a turbo + AC?

Will the stock clutch fan fit? I'd go with that over an electric if it will fit. If you need a thinner clutch fan you can run the diesel fan that is thinner than the petrol one.
              My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

I have a e36 mishimoto radiator and I am having the electric fan between the radiator and the engine. Because I have a condenser and a intercooler so that’s the only place for the fan.

but i ended up swapping out the rev shift mounts with condor speed shop mounts and it gave me a bit more room to fit my fan

Comment

Working...
                X